Custom Teensy 3.1 Midi Controller - FCB Inifinity 2

miknshla

Inspired
Some of you may remember Mackatack’s FCB Infinity project from a few years ago.
Here is a link:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...er-fcb1010-mod-lcd-show-tuner-patchnames.html

Since he made it open source I decided to take it on for myself. For some reason, I went with the Teensy 3.1 instead of the 2++ and that small change created a lot of work in redesigning the printed circuit board and editing the program. I opted to not bother with installing the LCD display since I typically have my AxeFx in front of me.

Features include:
1. 10 STOMPBOX MODE (blue)
2. *new* 10 STOMPBOX MODE 2 (green) for a total of 20 stompboxes
3. SCENES MODE (purple)
4. LOOPER MODE (red)
5. TAP TEMPO / TUNER button – long press to engage tuner
6. *new* REVEAL button to show which stomboxes are available in a preset
7. Left Expression pedal controls Wah
8. Right Expression pedal controls Volume
9. Left Expression pedal can control delay mix by pressing “Delay Mix” stomp (blue mode)
10. *new* Left Expression pedal can control pitch shifter mix by pressing “Pitch Mix” stomp (green mode)
11. Stompboxes have alternate identities so that if Delay2 does not exist but Multidelay does the stomp becomes MultiDelay
12. *new* Easy bank, preset selection. Banks display as, for example, 8_ for presets 81-85 and or 8^ for presets 86-90 and then display the preset number once selected.
13. *new* Test mode (yellow) allows testing of buttons and leds
14. *new* LED display indicates “nc” when AxeFx not connected
15. *new* added current limiting resistors to both LED display and RGB led
16. *new* indicate preset number instead of bank number
17. *new* dual power option. 110VAC or phantom power

FCB%20Infinity%202_zpshdwvjco3.png

FCB%202_zps7ulobpes.png

I am really happy with the result. The LEDs on the stompboxes update with effect status unlike UNO or Eureka mods. The REVEAL feature is great for checking which effects are available. All that and I still have looper, scenes, and 2 expression pedals.

Thanks Mackatack for making your project open source and packing so many features in there.

I will try to post a video later.

** Aug 15, 2015
Here is a link to many documents including schematic, gerber file, teensyduino ino file and header files, bill of materials, datasheets:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...Z3ZHZCREZVaGRkQ2E5enRsZ2NDT3lTLVk&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Beautiful! I'd like to make one too.
I have an old FCB to modify.
Can you share the schematics and the work you've done? :D

ok. I've added a link to my google drive with everything I can think of that was involved including schematic, gerber file, teensyduino ino file and header files, bill of materials, and datasheets in the original post.

I made the pcb myself so I'm not sure how the gerber file part works. I used an old school program called TraxMaker to make the pcb. It was able to print gerber file and I think that is what we would need to get a pcb fabricated.

Hey miknshla!

That's awesome! I'm still enjoying my FCB modification daily. It's really stable and useful. Especially love the single cable setup and ability to use tap tempo, tuner and stompboxes. I was thinking about adding a keyboard mode. Have the FCB send midi notes to a VST instrument so i can play chords while soloing. Might be a nice idea for you too.

Nice to see people are using my open source work, i hope you will enjoy playing with it!

Regards, Mackatack

Yes. The FCB1010 is great for customizing with arduino or teensyduino. I have 20 stomps, looper, scenes, reveal, 2 expression pedals. What more could a person need? And the leds update properly!

One pain in the modification is that Behringer used 2mm pitch connectors instead of the more common 0.1" pitch so I had a little trouble making cables.

Back
Top Bottom