1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Pedal board breakout box

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Matt_B_77, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Matt_B_77

Matt_B_77
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hello folks, I'm looking to get a custom pedal board mounted breakout box for an AX-8 rig.

I sent BPTA an inquiry this morning but I'm looking for other sources for this piece of gear, just to see what's out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Have you considered the DIY route ? Most every jack style you’d need comes in solder free “pass thru” style jacks so you just pick out the connections you want, turn a few screws to mount, and plug in patch cables. Really easy to do and quite affordable, not to mention you can easily change around connections as needed.

iaresee likes this.
  3. Matt_B_77

Matt_B_77
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yes, I'm considering going DIY. Just a matter of tracking down the parts I need which takes time.

With that mentioned, any suggestions for parts vendors - enclosures, connectors, helpful tutorials?

Thanks!

4. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I used Redco for the connectors and Monoprice for the patch cables

5. Matt_B_77

Matt_B_77
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Thanks. Any suggestions for the box itself?