Custom Length Cabling Help?

Hi, I've been looking through the forum and seen a lot of pedalboards and people having cables the perfect length for the distance between their expression pedals and MFC101. Is there a website or something like that where I can buy kits to make my own cables and the site also lets me choose between straight heads or right angle heads?

I already know about George L cables, but I don't want to spend 300 dollars just to cable my rig. I will if I have no other option though, just wondering where you guys bought from.

Thanks

-Dan

I buy my cable supplies from a music store but you can buy just the ends and the cable buy the foot and build them your self if you can solider, you can also cut down cables you already own. if I get a bad cable that has damage on one end I cut the bad off put it back together and now I have a shorter cable. I am sure you can easily find the cable and ends on the web!

I solder all my cables myself. It's the easiest way to get exactly the length I want. You can't use George L cables / plugs for the expression pedals because they need to be TRS (three conductor) and the George L cable / plug system is TS (two conductor).

board.jpg

I solder all my cables myself. It's the easiest way to get exactly the length I want. You can't use George L cables / plugs for the expression pedals because they need to be TRS (three conductor) and the George L cable / plug system is TS (two conductor).

board.jpg

Thank you, by the way, your pedalboard is exactly how my pedal board is going to look. Tomorrow I pick up my MFC101, 2 EV-1's and my Mission EP-1.

I am thinking about buying one of these pedalboard cable kits. It's has 10 feet of cables and 10 right angle plugs. Seems like it would be ok.

I buy my cable supplies from a music store but you can buy just the ends and the cable buy the foot and build them your self if you can solider, you can also cut down cables you already own. if I get a bad cable that has damage on one end I cut the bad off put it back together and now I have a shorter cable. I am sure you can easily find the cable and ends on the web!

Great idea, use what I already have with some spare parts. I might try this!

as sleestak posted you do want to use trs ends for expression pedals though. when entering the cable building game be sure of the needed connections and the wire routing first!

Thank you, by the way, your pedalboard is exactly how my pedal board is going to look.
Nice! This configuration is really good. The EV-1 allows fine-grain control, and the Mission EP-1 is a natural-feeling wah controller. I've made a slight change since this picture. At the bottom of my Mission controller there is a small black box that I've now finished by installing two additional momentary SPST switches. I'm using one for tap tempo, and the other as an assignable MIDI switch.

I am thinking about buying one of these pedalboard cable kits. It's has 10 feet of cables and 10 right angle plugs. Seems like it would be ok.
Make sure it's TRS, as standard 2-conductor cables will not work for expression pedals with the MFC-101. You can get fairly good prices from parts-express.com on 3 conductor bulk cable and TRS right-angle Switchcraft / Neutrik plugs.

board.jpg

Nice looking board man!

You actually can use George L's cable it's just not as easy as using 3 conductor wire. I had some 40' of George L left over from a pedal board snake that I had built for my old tube rig. All I did was to pair them up in a right angle connectors (I used Switchcraft), solder the shields together then the inners to their respective terminals then used George L right angle connectors for the pedal side (I'm using 2 EBV Jr's). Not as clean as using 3 conductor and TRS at both ends but it works and I have had both cables since day one of my Axe FX journey and they have not failed me yet.

Back
Top Bottom