Curious which sounds Best to You?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Just came across this. Trying to decide for my red 16th Anniversary Channel bound compound radius Neck American Strat. I did record myself with both but this video captures a nice strat Vibe I think-I have already loaded in pickguards-CS Fat 50's and Fralin Blues Specials.
Currently I have the Blues Specials installed. But this video got me thinking.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Strat that I put a set of CS Fat 50's in. I had a set of Fralin Blues Specials in a different Strat years ago. From this video, I liked the Blues Specials the best. The sounded a bit more open and less compressed to me. I also think the Strat itself is going to affect this so you could put the Blues Specials in your guitar and they may sound a bit different than what you hear on a recording.

PRS Wood Library Forum Run Brian's Guitars Swamp Ash body, Artist Quilt maple top, flame maple neck and fretboard 509!!! This guitar has more magic, harmonic overtones, and versatility than any guitar I own!!!

Out of 21 electrics, it's the one that's "Not for sale"!

PRS Wood Library Forum Run Brian's Guitars Swamp Ash body, Artist Quilt maple top, flame maple neck and fretboard 509!!! This guitar has more magic, harmonic overtones, and versatility than any guitar I own!!!

Out of 21 electrics, it's the one that's "Not for sale"!
Uh, OK, that's great, but this thread is about opinions/advice.......................?

In the video I liked the Blues specials, then vintage, then fat. In my experience though when comparing pups in videos, they never sound the same for me as the video. Good luck in your tone chase.

I have a Strat that I put a set of CS Fat 50's in. I had a set of Fralin Blues Specials in a different Strat years ago. From this video, I liked the Blues Specials the best. The sounded a bit more open and less compressed to me. I also think the Strat itself is going to affect this so you could put the Blues Specials in your guitar and they may sound a bit different than what you hear on a recording.
Agree. Blues sound more balanced. Better low end definition while retaining the chime. They’re very articulate. I knew I shouldn’t have sold my Strat. My Sweetwater rep will be hearing from me in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom