CSV Export Values

Justmc

Inspired
Love the updates on Axedit and the Firmware upgrades . Can't think of another company that has made me more satisfied . Trying to export my existing presets in a CSV file so that I can compare amp settings after a firmware refresh and make modifications to suit . My only complaint is that the file format does not seem to have a logical layout, at least not to me . It's very time consuming looking through all the random amp parameter values . Would be great if it was set up sequentially to follow the page layout in Axedit . Or at least in an alphabetical sequence . Sorry if I'm nit picking :-( Just curious how others work with this and some possible solutions .

I wrote a simple script to compare these CSV exports. It's a command line (i.e. non-GUI) script, and requires UNIX commands like tr, awk and join, so it's not for everyone, but I'd be happy to share it.

Here's what it shows when I compare bank 1, preset 1 on my AX8, before and after reselecting the Double Verb Vib:

Amp:Negative Feedback,4.60,2.90
Amp:Low Res Q,2.000,1.948
Amp:Hi Freq,1100 Hz,1200 Hz
Amp:Hi Resonance,6.67,5.83
Amp:Out Comp Clarity,10.00,6.51
Amp:Pwr Amp Bias,0.100,-0.100

The format is:

effect:parameter name,file1 value,file2 value

NOTE: I've only used it with exports from AX8-Edit.

Last edited:
Arg! Please interpret those smiley faces as a colon followed by the letter 'p'.

Never mind, I edited them out. Thanks for the tip, Ian :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer ... I probably pass .Looks like it might be a little intimidating . Wish I had some programming skills to work with :- /

You're welcome. You don't need programming skills to run the script, but you *do* need to be comfortable using a command line. That's definitely not for everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom