CS2, Boost, Tuner pedal etc

Chrose1201

Inspired
Hey all, my apologies in advance. I did a search and I know bits and pieces of this have been discussed. I won't bother going into why, but my brain gets boggled easily and information overload sets in quickly when trying to read a bunch of threads and find what I am looking for. Eventually.... I get it. There was a thread I saved that showed how to use an external switch to toggle the tuner easily. I also just purchased AB Live Gold Tone pack where AB talks about adding an external foot controller to be able to access the boost in a given preset. If I understand this correctly I can set up the FM3 first footswitch to control that preset boost/Overdrive. But that would in essence remove one preset available on the other 2 switches. So showing 2 stomppable presets instead of 3. What I am wondering is if I can do what I have shown in the attached jpg. The pedal shown is a Mission Engineering TT-2 Dual Switch. Thanks as always for indulging me and helping!

1677523013878.png

Hey all, my apologies in advance. I did a search and I know bits and pieces of this have been discussed. I won't bother going into why, but my brain gets boggled easily and information overload sets in quickly when trying to read a bunch of threads and find what I am looking for. Eventually.... I get it. There was a thread I saved that showed how to use an external switch to toggle the tuner easily. I also just purchased AB Live Gold Tone pack where AB talks about adding an external foot controller to be able to access the boost in a given preset. If I understand this correctly I can set up the FM3 first footswitch to control that preset boost/Overdrive. But that would in essence remove one preset available on the other 2 switches. So showing 2 stomppable presets instead of 3. What I am wondering is if I can do what I have shown in the attached jpg. The pedal shown is a Mission Engineering TT-2 Dual Switch. Thanks as always for indulging me and helping!

View attachment 116877
Yes you can have one switch be the tuner and the second switch be assigned as a control switch that does the boost

I have another question regarding this. If I don't opt for the external foot switch and just create the CS2 on the FM3 that would then essentially take up a footswitch space correct? So in other words I click on a preset and then I turn on scenes; I would then have 2 scenes available instead of 3 for the footswitches. If I then hold down the 3rd footswitch to move to the next set of scenes the CS2 should remain in the same location and I will only load in 2 more scenes. Is that correct?

I have another question regarding this. If I don't opt for the external foot switch and just create the CS2 on the FM3 that would then essentially take up a footswitch space correct? So in other words I click on a preset and then I turn on scenes; I would then have 2 scenes available instead of 3 for the footswitches. If I then hold down the 3rd footswitch to move to the next set of scenes the CS2 should remain in the same location and I will only load in 2 more scenes. Is that correct?

It depends how you set up the layout - if you don’t have CS2 in the 2nd ‘view’ it wouldn’t be there - for example, if you wanted Scene1 Scene2 CS2 on one view and Scene3 Scene4 Scene5 on the next.

Grab a used FC 6 and use one of the AB layouts that gives you an Amp Control layout to have access to all of the amp switches.

My setup is uses the TT2 but I only use one TRS-TRS cable. Both switches function separately - Switch 1 = Boost, Switch 2 = Tuner. Used @2112 video to set it up.
FM3.jpeg

It depends how you set up the layout - if you don’t have CS2 in the 2nd ‘view’ it wouldn’t be there - for example, if you wanted Scene1 Scene2 CS2 on one view and Scene3 Scene4 Scene5 on the next.
I just watched Chris's video on it and the Layout section now makes sense to me. I need to be spoonfed to understand anything these days it seems :D

I use this setup, a small two switches unit. 1 is tap tempo, hold is Tuner.2 is cs2, with whatever I assign to. Most of the time, it's lead tone, so amp boost and more delay .

Back
Top Bottom