Cruel noise problem

mokkie

Hi All,
I'm facing an issue on modification of my favorite preset that is crunch and lead plexi tone.
The issue is that the modified preset has sounded cruel noise.

As I wanted to add drive pedal on other scene of this preset, I just inserted the drive block before amp block.
In the result, the issue has occurred.
Is there someone who can figure out the cause and how to fix this.

Please check the preset I uploaded.
The preset "Plexi 50w Jump - no noise.syx" is original one having no issue and another preset "Plexi 50w Jump - noise.syx" is having the issue.

I like this preset because it can be easily and quickly moved from crunch tone to lead tone using expression pedal connected to external-2 without pressing any footswitchs.
If you want lead tone it can be moved with expression pedal just down and you can get crunch tone with just up.

Any suggestions are so appreciated and sorry for my poor English.

mokkie from Japan.

Attachments

• Plexi 50w Jump - no noise.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Plexi 50w Jump - noise.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Mokkie,

I downloaded your presets and had to convert to AXE FX because I do not have an AX8.

I don't know if it was a conversion problem, but both the presets had a line going directl;y from the PEQ block, to the output. This bypasses the cab entirely and sounds noisy on my system. Just removing that line (so the sound flows from the PEQ -> CAB ->FX Loop to the output makes both sound ok.

Not sure that's your problem though!.. Hope that helps.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi pauly,

Thank you for the reply.

Even though I removed that line as you did, I still observe the bad noise at output-1 and 2 regardless output-1 is not there any more.
I usually use output-1 without cab block and send to 44 magunam power amp.
Sometime I use studio monitor with output-2 through cab and fx loop.
In case of "Plexi 50w Jump - noise.syx", I hear the noise at both output.

Please let me confirm again whether you hear the noise in case of "Plexi 50w Jump - no noise.syx".
Because I'm sure no problem in case of using that preset with AX8.

If you face the noise problem with that preset I think it is conversion problem.
But I'm not sure because I don't have Axe-Fx.
I guess my problem might be caused by AX8...

I wish it will be solved.

Thanks.

Hi Mokkie,

I downloaded your presets and had to convert to AXE FX because I do not have an AX8.

I don't know if it was a conversion problem, but both the presets had a line going directl;y from the PEQ block, to the output. This bypasses the cab entirely and sounds noisy on my system. Just removing that line (so the sound flows from the PEQ -> CAB ->FX Loop to the output makes both sound ok.

Not sure that's your problem though!.. Hope that helps.

Thanks
Pauly

can you post an audio clip of the noize?

Okay, but it's about 10 pm now in Japan.
It's impossible to record because of late night.
So, I will record it tomorrow if I can.

And one more information on this.
This problem may happen after pressing expression pedal to move tone.
I'm not sure but any noise might not be heard immediate after moved to this preset.

Thanks.

Hi Paranoid,

I have uploaded audio clips.
One is normal preset sound of "Plexi 50w Jump - no noise.syx" without any noise.
This can be downloaded from the following url.

- no noise audio clip

Another is noisy audio clip made from preset "Plexi 50w Jump - noise.syx".
This can be downloaded from the following url.

- noise audio clip

You can easily reproduce this.
Just to add the drive block before amp block of "Plexi 50w Jump - no noise.syx" preset.

Any advise?

Thanks.

That sounds like your are right on the edge of CPU load. What is the CPU usage of that preset with the drive block? What is it as you play?

I just looked at it and the CPU is sitting at 85% without playing, but the actual noise issue is that the effects block is in the wrong location. To the OP try moving the effects block out from behind the cab block and place it in front of the PEQ. That will fix the majority of the problem, I would also change the echo density in the Verb from 8 to 4 and that should get the CPU load to a max level without any popping. or you can just upload the fixed file your choice!.

Attachments

• Plexi 50w Jump - 4.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Joe, Sixstring and Nicolasrivera,

I have confirmed the noise problem is gone with changing the reverbe effect to Midium Room Spring type.
Unfortunately to turn the density to 4 did not solve this in my environment.

However, I think that isn`t this a kind of bug?
Because I think we can not recognize the cause is CPU over loading.
We usually recognize the CPU loading too high since the reverbe block becomes unavailable.
However, in my case nothing regarding CPU over loading indicated.
In the result, I was not able to find the cause without any help.

Anyway, let me say again thanks all because I got more favorit preset with your help.

Mokkie

Back
Top Bottom