Wish Crossfading Channel Changes in a Block

Axe edit is not running and made sure USB cable is disconnected just in case,
When you say 'Pause' what do you mean? Im not sure im familiar with that. Thanks for helping!
Pause meaning pause Axe-Edit. But that’s moot if it wasn’t running and the III wasn’t even connected to a computer.

Pause meaning pause Axe-Edit. But that’s moot if it wasn’t running and the III wasn’t even connected to a computer.

Got ya. Seems like there is an inherent Latency (Not Gap- Not Silence) in Scene change regardless of the type of signal that is running.
Hence the same activity- engaging a Drive block, done by Scene change has a late reaction vs. activating the block within the Scene- Immediate reaction.

Im sure people deal with this all the time. Its an issue in a live performance or in recording unless you overdub each part...What is the modus? kick the pedal before the beat and mute the strings...? That's a lot of choreography...;)

Got ya. Seems like there is an inherent Latency (Not Gap- Not Silence) in Scene change regardless of the type of signal that is running.
Hence the same activity- engaging a Drive block, done by Scene change has a late reaction vs. activating the block within the Scene- Immediate reaction.

Im sure people deal with this all the time. Its an issue in a live performance or in recording unless you overdub each part...What is the modus? kick the pedal before the beat and mute the strings...? That's a lot of choreography...;)
Are you using a Fractal FC pedal to control it? If so, maybe the scenes are changing on the release of the switch (like the AX8?), because of the 'hold' functionality?

Reactions: Rex
Are you using a Fractal FC pedal to control it? If so, maybe the scenes are changing on the release of the switch (like the AX8?), because of the 'hold' functionality?

Ill See about this. I started from a reset unit but ill check that.

There is no latency. It’s instant. There is an audio gap to prevent pops and clicks. This is known.

Thanks. But here there is no Silence Gap, as it is not required in this Scenario.

No change between Scene 2- 3, other than an addition of a Drive Pedal, so why would you expect there to be a silence?

The silence is made for tone changing, not a layer adding, It is made to avoid a pop, so by adding a drive pedal on top of an existing tone there is no pop expected=no silence introduced.

However, the sound changes late, not instant as it does when im just engaging the Drive while staying in the same scene.

As mentioned, there is no amp change or Cab change.
I am talking about a late response from the device. Please try my Preset.

Last edited:

OK- i looked into it. The Release function only exists on switches that have a HOLD function as secondary, since this is the only way for the switch to determine whether you meant Tap or Hold.

In my FC Layout for scene change there is no secondary HOLD function to the Scene change Switches, so theoretically, or at least according to the manual, the change should be taking place as the switch is depressed, not as it is released...
So that its not the reason....

I think Cliff is probably needed on this topic as it is a deep programming topic i am being led to believe.
I purposely made a preset near naked so to eliminate another causes.

In the scenario i am presenting the only change introduced in the Scene change is an added Drive block, while all the rest remains the same, yet a latency in response is introduced.
While no Latency in response is introduced when im adding that drive block within the same Scene, so exact same effect, 2 methods of getting there - one with latency in response, one without.

OK- i looked into it. The Release function only exists on switches that have a HOLD function as secondary, since this is the only way for the switch to determine whether you meant Tap or Hold.

In my FC Layout for scene change there is no secondary HOLD function to the Scene change Switches, so theoretically, or at least according to the manual, the change should be taking place as the switch is depressed, not as it is released...
So that its not the reason....

I think Cliff is probably needed on this topic as it is a deep programming topic i am being led to believe.
I purposely made a preset near naked so to eliminate another causes.

In the scenario i am presenting the only change introduced in the Scene change is an added Drive block, while all the rest remains the same, yet a latency in response is introduced.
While no Latency in response is introduced when im adding that drive block within the same Scene, so exact same effect, 2 methods of getting there - one with latency in response, one without.
Is it the bottom right switch of the FC?

The Switch that triggers Scene 3 is indeed the bottom Right.
I have the 4 scenes 1-3 from left to right bottom.
Do you learn something from that?

The Switch that triggers Scene 3 is indeed the bottom Right.
I have the 4 scenes 1-3 from left to right bottom.
Do you learn something from that?
The bottom right switch has a permanent hold function for accessing the MLM. Unless you turn MLM access off (the hold bottom right, tap top right action).

So yes. I learned something.

As a test, move the Scene 3 action to another switch without a hold function and see if your latency is still there.

Awesome. Thanks Chris! Ill try it out as soon as i get to the studio! Thanks for the point!
Hopefully this is it!

The bottom right switch has a permanent hold function for accessing the MLM. Unless you turn MLM access off (the hold bottom right, tap top right action).

So yes. I learned something.

As a test, move the Scene 3 action to another switch without a hold function and see if your latency is still there.

OK Chris - You da man! It is exactly that. Since i did not program a secondary HOLD function to this Switch i did not think of the MLM as being that.
It is exactly this that caused it.
In the meantime im still having that Woosh sound when changing from Amp1 to Amp2. Did you notice it in my preset?

Thanks again!

In the meantime im still having that Woosh sound when changing from Amp1 to Amp2. Did you notice it in my preset?

Not hearing that here.

There’s a click when the Drive is engaged (switching from scene 2 to 3), but that can happen.

Not hearing that here.

There’s a click when the Drive is engaged (switching from scene 2 to 3), but that can happen.

Your not hearing it on changing from Scene 1 to Scene 2? (while guitar is playing or sustaining)?
I tried it on a different AxeIII and it did the same... Its pretty loud... As loud as the amp signal itself...

Didn’t hear it.

BTW, I would rather mute the Cabs than the Amps when switching between the two rows.

Or use a Multiplexer block at the merge point because that has a built-in crossfader.

Didn’t hear it.

BTW, I would rather mute the Cabs than the Amps when switching between the two rows.

Or use a Multiplexer block at the merge point because that has a built-in crossfader.

Thanks for the Tip! Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Didn’t hear it.

1. The Cabs do not have Bypass Mode selection(mute). How do you implement closing the path by only bypassing the Cab?
2. in the Multiplexer you just use Channels, and each accepts one of the rows?

Thanks Again!

1. The Cabs do not have Bypass Mode selection(mute). How do you implement closing the path by only bypassing the Cab?
2. in the Multiplexer you just use Channels, and each accepts one of the rows?

Thanks Again!
  1. Go to the second page
  2. Yes

In Axe-Edit III the bypass mode is only displayed when you're on the Preamp and the Room/Air tab. Otherwise there isn't enough room on the screen to display it:

Screen_Shot_2019-03-19_at_8_41_51_PM.png

Back
Top Bottom