Crossed over to the "Dark Side"

I think this right. Re-EQ'd a couple of the amps to the RCF's only (set to floor monitor they are so focused too), and then sent them to my PA system with a flat EQ. Sounds pretty close to what I would want from FOH.

Sounds as though you are saying that you have fed the desk (FOH) from the line out of the RCF - have I got that right Steve..?

Nothing wrong in that I guess, but most guys would probably use a separate set of outputs from the AxeFX itself

(apologies if I have misunderstood :))

No, feeding the desk with Output 1 XLR's. RCF's from Output 2. Output 1 copied to Output 2 in I/O settings.

Steve

Sounds as though you are saying that you have fed the desk (FOH) from the line out of the RCF - have I got that right Steve..?

Nothing wrong in that I guess, but most guys would probably use a separate set of outputs from the AxeFX itself

(apologies if I have misunderstood :))

You might find the wiki a better jump start than RTFM. Congrats on the new rig!

Maybe.....doing OK so far. Just working on getting levels evened out a bit and some more EQ'ing. Going to tackle the MFC tomorrow and see how that goes. Waiting on my Mission pedals to come in. Ordered 3 of them. Going to use one as a volume, one as Wah (spring loaded) and the other as an expression.

Game on then! All that's left is having an amp fire sale....

Steve

No, feeding the desk with Output 1 XLR's. RCF's from Output 2. Output 1 copied to Output 2 in I/O settings.

You're all over it then
thumbsup.gif

A week into the honeymoon with the A2 rig and I am still awestruck with this thing. Over 20 years of playing, probably 30 legacy tube amps owned and a dozen or so at present - but this Axe rig is blowing my mind. It just makes you want to play, which is quite the opposite of what everyone warned me of. Still slowly working my way through the mapping and programming. Finally had to RTFM yesterday, but, no drama with that. The only drama is with my wife.....she has to come out to the Madison Square Garage to see me!

Steve

My experience too... but that was an odd warning - any idea what it was founded on..?

Not sure....other than people being skeptical, cynical or ignorant. But, I went through that defiant period too, early on and resisted the urge. But, as the Axe became validated by touring musicians as opposed to just the bedroom warriors, it got real then. I could have saved a bunch of money, that's for sure. Anyway, it's all about progress with a few trade-offs. But, the gap is closing fast.

Steve

My experience too... but that was an odd warning - any idea what it was founded on..?

Alot of people still think that with an Axe-Fx you're more tweaking than playing.
Sure, this can happen, but like myself, many have encountered the opposite.
Actually it is that "bad" that often I have trouble staying focussed on making patches I need, and rather jam away for hours, not changing a thing. :)

I do tweak a bit. But then again, it's better than buying and selling gear every other day to experiment, which used to be the case for me.

Alot of people still think that with an Axe-Fx you're more tweaking than playing.
Sure, this can happen, but like myself, many have encountered the opposite.
Actually it is that "bad" that often I have trouble staying focussed on making patches I need, and rather jam away for hours, not changing a thing. :)

Yep, I played and tweaked for about 6 hours yesterday. I just keep it set up full on to the RCF's and to the PA and tweak right off the front panel. End up playing and forgetting what I was doing in the first place. In addition to the amp presets, one thing I am floored by is the cab IR's and how much impact they have on the projected FOH tone.

Knowing you for the past 4+ years and reading your trip through the A2 is pretty amazing. I remember way back when, you couldn't stand anything that involved digital and programing lol Welcome to the dark side. I play more now through my A2, probably 95% then my amps. Glad to see you taking it in and enjoying it.

I just read the thread about seamlessly switching/blending amps and auto-engaging FX using an EXP pedal and this just set me back! There's much to learn....

Steve

I have been doing this sense I first bought an Axe... one of the main reasons I love this thing. You can do stuff that is almost impossible to do with a conventional tube rig or other wise would have to be done in a studio.

Knowing you for the past 4+ years and reading your trip through the A2 is pretty amazing. I remember way back when, you couldn't stand anything that involved digital and programing lol Welcome to the dark side. I play more now through my A2, probably 95% then my amps. Glad to see you taking it in and enjoying it.

Yeah bro....it's been a long way getting here. But, glad I did.

Yeah bro....it's been a long way getting here. But, glad I did.
Hello Gentlemen....

:)

Back
Top Bottom