Critique My Footswitch Layouts

Instead of the effects layout I use per-preset footswitches on my per-preset layouts (2 layouts, one for PP 1-6 and the other for PP 7-12. This way I can customize the footswitches on a per-preset basis i.e. I don't need to dedicate a global layout footswitch to phaser 1 if I only have phaser 1 on one preset.

The top 3 buttons for me are scenes, PP 1-6, and presets. I set those 3 up like that in all of the layouts. When I'm in the PP 1-6 layout that footswitch changes to select the layout that has PP 7-12 and vice versa. Hold function for the presets button in all layouts is tuner.
Makes total sense. I have had the unit for about a month and still learning, but I wasn't aware that layouts were global only??

Instead of the effects layout I use per-preset footswitches on my per-preset layouts (2 layouts, one for PP 1-6 and the other for PP 7-12. This way I can customize the footswitches on a per-preset basis i.e. I don't need to dedicate a global layout footswitch to phaser 1 if I only have phaser 1 on one preset.

The top 3 buttons for me are scenes, PP 1-6, and presets. I set those 3 up like that in all of the layouts. When I'm in the PP 1-6 layout that footswitch changes to select the layout that has PP 7-12 and vice versa. Hold function for the presets button in all layouts is tuner.
Which factory layout did you sacrifice for the second per-preset layout?

I follow a similar logic with my per-preset assignments. I dedicate per-preset assignments 1-8 to be used for the per-preset layout and the 9-24 are for overrides I might want to use elsewhere.

On my current main preset, I’m using the per-preset layout as a special layout for one specific scene. I even set an override for the hold function for that scene button in the scenes layout to take me to the per-preset layout

Makes total sense. I have had the unit for about a month and still learning, but I wasn't aware that layouts were global only??
They are global, but there are ways to get around that. Per-Preset Overrides let you define switch settings that can override the global switch settings for the given preset. :)

The fractal foot switch system is confusing at first but it makes a lot of sense once you understand it. Yes, the layouts are global. If you change the scene 1 button in the scenes layout to instead be an effects bypass, it will do that function in every preset. If you don’t want that to be the case, you use the per-preset overrides and point it to one of your per-preset definitions. Each preset allows for 24 custom foot-switch definitions. There’s also the factory “per-preset” layout which is set by default to load your first 9 preset definitions.

No clue, the only ones I ever used were presets, scenes, and per-preset until I made my version of OFM9G. The others didn't really have a use for me so I erased them all to keep it tidy.
Makes sense. I’m not using the OFM9G layouts, just the standard. I’ve thought about doing something similar though by just making the effects and more effects layouts a 2nd and 3rd per-preset layout.

Back
Top Bottom