Critical failure [issue sent to Support]

skydog

Experienced
Bummer. Critical failure. Sending a copy of this thread to Technical Support.
  1. Trying "Deluxe Reverb" preset, "Vibrato" scene, and selected to un-bypass the ROT. Audible crackling through FRFR.
  2. System froze, with strange crackling.
  3. Screen went completely white, cracking continued.
  4. Power cycled, turned on with white screen.
  5. Power cycled, normal startup routine, but nothing operational and system appears as seen in attached photos.

Attachments

• IMG_8954.jpg
    IMG_8954.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8955.jpg
    IMG_8955.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 130
Never fear, Support is very responsive in my dealings with them. The cracking noise is worrisome though.

Try a system reset also, in the setup menu, if you can get to it, reset everything to default.

Try a system reset also, in the setup menu, if you can get to it, reset everything to default.
If you can access the setup menu it is on the reset page and is labeled Reset System Parameters. It won’t erase any presets but sets everything back to default. It may help.

I’ll cycle again, to see if any control will work and get to setup. Right now I have to go to a surprise bday party, and pretend to be surprised!

Ok, I’m back, but no dice. Honestly, I wasn’t worried, because I know the FAS guys are really, really good.

I have an RA# already in my email, so she gets to holiday in New England this week, lucky girl.

I didn't have the crackling noise, but the rest sounds similar to the issue i had. White screen most of the time, once in a while
i could get it to boot up, but would be frozen, etc. They sent out a replacement unit, so i'm sure they will get it taken care of.

Out of curiosity, did yours also arrive without the CAB IRs, so that only some of the presets worked? My III had to be loaded remotely. Not necessarily a related condition, but wondering if one or more overview routines were initiated but not completed. Regardless, I'm happy as can be with the attention, support, and quick action from FAS. I'm just an ordinary average guy, and they are very responsive.

Yes i had the same issue with the presets. i wasn't too worried about that at the time, and had planned to update the firmware and reload the presets. But used it initially for 3-4 hours that night, and next time i powered up it started acting up.

So far, so good on the new one.

It didn’t bother me at all either. But this seems like a bit of a coincidence, eh? Probably is a coincidence, but I feel compelled to give FAS as much info as possible.

Last edited:
Too cool. Dig this:

4/20/18 today’s events

07:38 FAS Support sends me a kindly-worded email, out of the blue.
11:04 My returned III is delivered by UPS to FAS.
11:31 FAS Receiving sends me an email of receipt.
11:31 FAS Support notifies FAS Shipping to send replacement unit to me.
12:48 FAS Sales sends “your unit has shipped” email to me, with UPS tracking information.
14:27 FAS Support confirmed new unit has shipped to me, arriving Tuesday.

Talk about eyes-on-the-ball... FAS are some awesome cats.

Too cool. Dig this:

4/20/18 today’s events

07:38 FAS Support sends me a kindly-worded email, out of the blue.
11:04 My returned III is delivered by UPS to FAS.
11:31 FAS Receiving sends me an email of receipt.
11:31 FAS Support notifies FAS Shipping to send replacement unit to me.
12:48 FAS Sales sends “your unit has shipped” email to me, with UPS tracking information.
14:27 FAS Support confirmed new unit has shipped to me, arriving Tuesday.

Talk about eyes-on-the-ball... FAS are some awesome cats.
FAS is the absolute best! This kind of service is not common these days. Most of the time it takes a couple days just to get an email response which many times is just an automated reply.

Back
Top Bottom