CREST Ca4 VS QSC PLX 1104 VS CARVIN DCM1540L

For the money I would have to say Carvin (just for the Axe) If I was going to run a PA I would be leaning towards the Crest Audio. An apples to oranges compression in amp quality to the Carvin. The PLX is a descent amp as well and will work and has an edge in reputation over the Carvin.

Jase2677 said:
Sixstring said:
For the money I would have to say Carvin (just for the Axe) If I was going to run a PA I would be leaning towards the Crest Audio. An apples to oranges compression in amp quality to the Carvin. The PLX is a descent amp as well and will work and has an edge in reputation over the Carvin.

The PLX is a little expensive. It is also very light which makes me suspect the class AB that it is spec'ed out has some digital elements to it to get it there.

Crest is a Peavey in a mis-labeled box unless it is an antique version, which there is a guy on here some where that knows about Crest before they became affiliated w/ PV and which models to look at.

I looked at Carvin as well. I found that either their class was D, G, or H affiliated or basically digital and if they were AB, that they were megawatt outputs, or just so high that they were not useful to me looking at running a 2x12 cab.

After looking at the ART SLA2 specs, I became more disappointed more and more every time I looked at it again. I, myself am on the fence between a QSC RMX 1450 and a QSC GX3, you can see more about this though in the thread I started concerning QSC PLX, RMX, and GX series somewhere in the Amps and Cabs forum.

Thanks

Some food for thought... The Mark Day vids of him using the SLA-2 and a 212 Randall cab sound really good if you haven't already might want to give those a listen. I routinely play through an QSC RMX 1500a amp with FR cab monitors and other than the build quality and extra head room they react and sound pretty much the same. Though I give the nod to QSC... for a compact and light weight rig the ART wins.

Back
Top Bottom