Creating your own

X24GtrMan

It's so easy, fun and useful. I got my brand spanking new Xitone GRFR powered cab yesterday and started making my own presets. It's awesome madness how many options I have at my fingertips. Between grabbing an amp, an IR and then adding FX as needed it's easily one of the most useful tools in my stable.
I had my doubts at the beginning before I got the Xitone but now, after a rehearsal straight into the PA and then a day with a real FR style speaker I'm convinced this is the way to go. I can get a splendid clean sound or an edge of breakup sound and gobs of gain if needed. It's nice to trust the tones, too whereas with my QSC PA I was concerned about the coloring and true presentation of my sound. I see a lot of use coming from this and want to thank everyone for the help getting into it.

Just wait until a gig when you get to plug into a loud PA. What you hear at rehearsal or at home gets so much better. The AX8 sounds great.

X24 that's great news! I have been a bit unsure whether I should be getting the FRFR or the GRFR Xitone wedge. But your comments seem to steer me towards a GRFR. Its lighter as well I think.
I have also read reviews where the FRFR is preferred without the tweeter activated. I think the GRFR is the way to go then.

The GRFR is great for my intent-playing guitar through it. It's light and powerful. I've yet to take the volume past noon. I don't need to and don't have to Max out the output knob on the AX8, either.
It's worth the wait so far. I'm gigging it this weekend so the true test will be then.

Interested to know how it goes. Sure it will be killer. Yeah this FRFR / GRFR is interesting but my thinking is that if a cab provides you with a frequency range that a guitar would create it's kinda pointless to have FRFR.... The FOH can provide the FRFR range for all the fancy reverbs and stuff, but for your AX8 and monitor? GRFR should be perfect.

I am using my AX8 FRFR (FOH) through my PA with my band. That said, I did think the QSCs I have colored the tone coming out of my AX8 and I wanted a more neutral speaker to dial in my sounds. FFWD to now and I've received my GRFR 1/12 Xitone powered cab and haven't stopped playing my AX8 since. It's a great platform to audition my presets. I feel better knowing not only can I add it to my monitors within my system but that the tones I've spent all this time on are going to sound as I intended them to through the PA. I'm very glad to have this speaker for my AX8.

Back
Top Bottom