Creating an Acoustic preset...wher to start?

Hey all,

I haven't done much tinkering with my AX8 since I got it, but am wanting to create an acoustic guitar patch for a gig coming up this weekend.

Where do I start? I want to keep it simple with as natural a sound as possible.

I had a Fishman Mini Loud Box I sold and my Martin D28 with LR Baggs UST pickup sounded amazong with it.

I'd like to replicate that, but what amp and cab mix do I use... any suggestions where to start?

I think there are some decent sounding acoustic patches on AxeChange. Maybe start with those and then tweak to your gear and taste?

I think there is very decent acoustic factory preset in Bank 64.

You can try a cab block with different tone match IRs but other peoples' tone matches will always be hit or miss.

Thanks guys, I give those suggestions a try. I started playing around with just a Tube Pre and an acoustic cab. Haven't monkey'd too much with the settings and am already getting decent results. More experiment needed though. Really liking the Parametric EQ for shaping the tone, got some reverb and a bit of delay for ambience when needed. Some chorus to add a bit of depth. I don't have magic ears but like what I am hearing so far.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.35.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.35.08 PM.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 18
If you haven't done this already, use a looper at the beginning of the chain. That way you can put the guitar down and make your adjustments based on what the audience will hear.

If you haven't done this already, use a looper at the beginning of the chain. That way you can put the guitar down and make your adjustments based on what the audience will hear.

Just tried the looper! Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Acoustic guitar amps are really just full range PA systems. they don't do to an acoustic guitar what an electric guitar amp does to an electric guitar.

so an acoustic preset really doesn't need an "amp." I usually just put EQ and some compression, then whatever effects you may need.

Acoustic guitar amps are really just full range PA systems. they don't do to an acoustic guitar what an electric guitar amp does to an electric guitar.

so an acoustic preset really doesn't need an "amp." I usually just put EQ and some compression, then whatever effects you may need.

This is what I've always believed. I'm glad to hear I was on the right track.

Can someone critique me on this patch? It's pretty basic and I didn't do too much tweaking.

Attachments

• JDAcoustik.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom