Wish Crazy Idea...AxeFXIII Sample Playback

tfodor

Inspired
Hey there!

I strattle two very different musical worlds. 80s esque rock and roll and a long time (since ultra! Fractal user) and also sample based, modular synthesizer music with drum machines, big ole Moog's etc....

I was thinking it would be really cool to be able to pull off one of two of these features:
1.) Expose Axe III Envelope to CV coupled outputs via audio interface. This would let us send control voltage out to synthesizers for things like playing synths, firing off samples, or providing modulation.
2.) Actual sample based playback INSIDE Axe Edit. This is just nuts but how cool would it be to fire off tracks (intro tracks, perhaps?) based on the notes on your guitar? I think of the example of Pressing a note and firing off the intro to "Bark at the Moon" from the PA (Separate output on the Axe from the guitar) and then using the filter/envelope gates in the axe to only trigger samples at certain notes so that you could leverage out of key notes to fire off new sounds.

Ok, crazy idea on paper now, back to playing with FW20!

Hey there!

I strattle two very different musical worlds. 80s esque rock and roll and a long time (since ultra! Fractal user) and also sample based, modular synthesizer music with drum machines, big ole Moog's etc....

I was thinking it would be really cool to be able to pull off one of two of these features:
1.) Expose Axe III Envelope to CV coupled outputs via audio interface. This would let us send control voltage out to synthesizers for things like playing synths, firing off samples, or providing modulation.
2.) Actual sample based playback INSIDE Axe Edit. This is just nuts but how cool would it be to fire off tracks (intro tracks, perhaps?) based on the notes on your guitar? I think of the example of Pressing a note and firing off the intro to "Bark at the Moon" from the PA (Separate output on the Axe from the guitar) and then using the filter/envelope gates in the axe to only trigger samples at certain notes so that you could leverage out of key notes to fire off new sounds.

Ok, crazy idea on paper now, back to playing with FW20!
needs an USB Stick or SD Slot to store ... which would be nice to extend memory ..

I’m not sure how you’d do this without a USB stick or some non-volatile media, but this is a cool idea. I think an actual sampler effect would be cool, too, like a take on the looper that samples a tone or input and then twists and warps it via a few dozen parameters.

Back
Top Bottom