'Crazy Horses' effect...

FarleyUK

Inspired
Hey all!

Has anyone had any success in creating the keys effect on Crazy Horses by The Osmonds? The part that plays at the very beginning and in the chorus':

Would be interested to hear how people have done this, or what they think would be the closest on the AFX. Am assuming a expression pedal with several FX linked to it such as tremolo, oscillation etc.

Hey all!

Has anyone had any success in creating the keys effect on Crazy Horses by The Osmonds? The part that plays at the very beginning and in the chorus':

Would be interested to hear how people have done this, or what they think would be the closest on the AFX. Am assuming a expression pedal with several FX linked to it such as tremolo, oscillation etc.

It's just a ribbon controller on the pitch, so I don't think it needs to control anything more than the whammy. The tone sounds thin, so you might need to run it through a band pass filter. But...I don't think my foot would be dextrous enough for that. You might want to use a couple of LFOs modulating each other, or a pedal and an LFO.

Hey all!

I love that the song fades out while the dancing continues 100%.

Hey all!

WOW! I remember hearing that song as a kid. It had an impact on me, probably the groove!
What a throwback song. I have had it in my head all week!! :D
Wayne on lead guitar looks a little like Jimmy Page! Ha.

I played it for my wife for her to guess the artist.
She remembered hearing the song on the radio but couldn't name the artist, the horns were throwing her off.
Crazy Horses!!!

This was one of my first favorite 'real' pop/rock song! Still awesome. Thx for bringing this up again @FarleyUK!

I would like to have this as a sort of 'soundclip' under a fc12 tap switch. Should I use a synth and a sequencer for this? Never have used either one of them. Help much appreciated.

I remember my girlfriend and I had our first date at an Osmonds gig in Hammersmith 10 years ago. I wasn't expecting much, but they opened with this, and the keytar was shooting pyro all over the crowd. It was incredible!

And my God, are they good musicians....! Thought the drummer was going to have a heart attack at one point during his solo.

Back
Top Bottom