CPU

sgilsinger

Inspired
I am no computer expert,but I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the motherboard and chips on the Axe? People upgrade their computers all the time to achieve a higher performance and more memory.Seems like there should be a way to upgrade the hardware to eliminate the CPU overload issue,and allow for expanded use of the AxeFx. Like I said,I am no computer expert but am curious.

Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSPs are the most powerful chips available today . The CPU overload is not caused by memory card performance , so no need to upgrade memory . The CPU load is caused by the capability of calculation the algorithms without any latency, especially with complex effects like Fractal's . Adding more chips doesn't always increase the calculation speed....New generation of DSP's may solve the CPU load ,with actual effects ...

I am no computer expert,but I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the motherboard and chips on the Axe? People upgrade their computers all the time to achieve a higher performance and more memory.Seems like there should be a way to upgrade the hardware to eliminate the CPU overload issue,and allow for expanded use of the AxeFx. Like I said,I am no computer expert but am curious.

Funny, I've just been thinking the same to myself the other day. This requires a whole new approach to the internal design, though, so maybe the Axe-Fx III could be a modular type of unit with replaceable DSP chips / expandable memory, etc. I'm no expert neither, but I'm sure that Cliff has already thought about this, too.

Back
Top Bottom