CPU VERY high with only 5 blocks...

FullReverse

Inspired
The reverb is on normal quality. Should the CPU be this high?? I wanted to add another reverb block, but it says i've hit my limit. As you can see from the screenshot, my cpu is currently at 71%. ..

Nevermind. I keep trying to uplaod a png file and it just says "invalid file"

My signal chain:

Blues Overdrive - Analog mono delay- Dual Delay - Medium Room reverb - Tremolo.... this puts me at 71% usage. I cannot add another reverb..

Is this accurate???? Is that all this unit can handle??

Attachments

• unnamed_20150720_133338.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
you have to convert to a jpeg.

Try turning down the echo density on the reverb to zero, and then insert the second reverb block. Then turn back up the echo density on the first. This worked for me during a similar situation.

Thanks, buddy. That worked... sort of. I turned the echo density down from 8 to 2 on both verbs.. then attempted to just simply move a tremolo block and it screamed "NO!" and deleted the tremolo block. I think when cpu is up that high, there were will fluctuations and sometimes it will allow it, but i fear other times it will just randomly remove my blocks when it fluctuates up to the higher end of usage.

The reverb is on normal quality. Should the CPU be this high?? I wanted to add another reverb block, but it says i've hit my limit. As you can see from the screenshot, my cpu is currently at 71%. ..

Nevermind. I keep trying to uplaod a png file and it just says "invalid file"

My signal chain:

Blues Overdrive - Analog mono delay- Dual Delay - Medium Room reverb - Tremolo.... this puts me at 71% usage. I cannot add another reverb..

Is this accurate???? Is that all this unit can handle??

I just loaded your preset. It imported it to my unit running V2.00 Public Beta at about 70%. If you turn the echo density on the existing REVERB block down to about 4 or 5, that should gain you enough head room to install a second REVERB. Given your current configuration, I would recommend running the echo density of both REVERBs at 4 or 5. There will be a slight change in the reverb quality, but it will still be excellent.

I don't understand. The unit ships with 8 blocks in the presets - one of which is a delay and one a reverb. So why do people have trouble when adding their own combinations. I just got the unit and haven't really messed around with it. But all of this talk about CPU limits is getting me nervous.

I just loaded your preset. It imported it to my unit running V2.00 Public Beta at about 70%. If you turn the echo density on the existing REVERB block down to about 4 or 5, that should gain you enough head room to install a second REVERB. Given your current configuration, I would recommend running the echo density of both REVERBs at 4 or 5. There will be a slight change in the reverb quality, but it will still be excellent.

Thanks Joe.. I'll give it a shot. I also see that if you use X/Y switching, the CPU doesn't really go up. I didn't realize that, so that's another option.

I don't understand. The unit ships with 8 blocks in the presets - one of which is a delay and one a reverb. So why do people have trouble when adding their own combinations. I just got the unit and haven't really messed around with it. But all of this talk about CPU limits is getting me nervous.

CPU requirements vary per block / preset. Any digital device has limitations. The FX8 allows a lot of flexibility within its 8 blocks. You can also turn off the Looper and Noise Gate for more CPU, and change settings such as the Reverb Density mentioned above.

I just got mine. I read the manual and perused the forum before ordering. But I still feel like my learning curve has just begun. I've run into numerous CPU limits when trying to load up on scenes. I understand that I probably can't just load up one scene to cover all my bases, like I'd hoped. I need to use multiple scenes to cover the various combinations.

Still, I feel like it should have been called the FX5 or FX6, because I'm pretty sure that I'll never be able to create a scene with 8 blocks (not the blocks that I "need" anyway).

I just got mine. I read the manual and perused the forum before ordering. But I still feel like my learning curve has just begun. I've run into numerous CPU limits when trying to load up on scenes. I understand that I probably can't just load up one scene to cover all my bases, like I'd hoped. I need to use multiple scenes to cover the various combinations.

Still, I feel like it should have been called the FX5 or FX6, because I'm pretty sure that I'll never be able to create a scene with 8 blocks (not the blocks that I "need" anyway).

Yes, if you rely on lots of verb and delay and such (cpu intensive) you definitely have to take advantage of the X/Y switching and use the scenes to turn on/off different X/Y states. It's a lifesaver as far as cpu wall's are concerned.

I've experienced this too - right now I have most pre-effects analog, but take advantage of FX8's incredible delay and reverb blocks. I use only about 5 blocks and they get pretty close to the CPU limit.

Set the Reverb to Normal Quality, not High Quality, especially when you run the effects into a traditional guitar amp.

Back
Top Bottom