CPU usage of fx loop

So the when a reverb block is off is the 25% processing available for anything else, or is it on standby
and dedicated to that block regardless of the on/off state? Sorry if this is redundant but it's still not entirely
clear to me. Thanks.
It was unclear what “don’t use the reverb” and “reverb is off” meant.

If the block is in the preset, it uses cpu the same if it is on or off (engaged or bypassed).

I thought this thread was asking if the Reverb block uses a “dedicated” area of CPU in general.

If it’s in the preset it uses CPU. If it’s not in the preset, it doesn’t use CPU and any other block can use that available CPU.

So the answer to my question is that the cpu isn’t dedicated to amp and reverb then?
An engineer would have to answer this, but it seems as if the answer is yes. The reverb is not dedicated to a specific CPU core, at least in the way it reports CPU usage on the meter.

For what it's worth the spring reverb got some attention and improvement in one of the AxeIII FW updates. I'm not a fan of spring reverb, so I cannot comment on how much it improved but its definitely been enhanced since the AX8.

i think it even has Boing parameter now

It was unclear what “don’t use the reverb” and “reverb is off” meant.

If the block is in the preset, it uses cpu the same if it is on or off (engaged or bypassed).

I thought this thread was asking if the Reverb block uses a “dedicated” area of CPU in general.

If it’s in the preset it uses CPU. If it’s not in the preset, it doesn’t use CPU and any other block can use that available CPU.

An engineer would have to answer this, but it seems as if the answer is yes. The reverb is not dedicated to a specific CPU core, at least in the way it reports CPU usage on the meter.
Thanks Chris, that’s exactly what I’m asking. I seem to recall fractal saying that, at some point a while back, one of the cpus was dedicated to amp and reverb. Wondering if that’s still true.

That was my question as well.

Early on they said one of the CPU’s was dedicated to the amp and the reverb. If the reverb block was not present/not used in the preset, that portion of the cpu was not usable by any other FX since it was dedicated.

It appears that is no longer the case from what Chris is saying, but it would be nice to get confirmation from FAS.

It seems pretty explicative to me indeed. He says that in response to my question about the reverb block being on the same core as the amp.

And also, at this point we know from a few videos that the reverb takes up at least 20% of the cpu in the FM3, that means it runs on the main core otherwise it would have used only 2-3%.
This clears up all the doubts for me.

Back
Top Bottom