CPU almost maxing out

I originally bought this tone from a vendor, and modified the settings. Can I still share it?
Probably a good idea to not share. It looks like the other good advice from the group here will help you get the problem sorted out anyway.

Premix cabs down to one as mentioned above (mute all others) - but also, knock the cab IR Length down to 1024 to save even more cpu (some much prefer the sound of lower cab resolution with less reflection - personally, I can't hear a difference so always go with 1024).

Avoid studio compressor if possible.

Turn off all input gates if possible.

Remove shunt blocks not needed as they use resources.

Drives can vary a LOT from one to the other in terms of cpu usage - use the boost function of the amp instead of a separate drive block for boost if possible.

Check cpu level when changing fx sub types. Many fx vary somewhat in cpu usage from one fx subtype to another.

I guess "Reduced Resolution" is not the correct term to denote the effect of reducing IR length, but, the point remains as also stated here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ultrares-irs.158416/page-3#post-1893051
Again, personally - I can't hear the reduced reflections so I go with 1024 and save CPU. I think I start to hear some difference at 512.

I'm also fine with 512 to 1024 with mos IRs, and some actually appear more focused when they're shorter.

But give the various Ownhammer IRs a try: once you reduce them to 1024 you loose a certain airiness about them. I guess I just like their room =)

The two reverb-blocks, do you ever use both at the same time? If not, you can use channels to get away with just one reverb block while you still can switch between up to four different types/settings.

You could always use scene controllers if you use the same effectss just with different settings ? That could reduce the number of blocks.

If I delete the looper block - it brings me down to the 70’s. Also, the preset uses 4 Cabs. I am sure that’s causing a good amount of load.
This post caught my eye. 82 to 70 from just deleting the looper? I get exactly 5 % decrease if I delete my looper. Something seem off.

Back
Top Bottom