Wish CPU allocation when using effects only (no amp block)

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
My understanding is that the Amp block uses its own dedicated CPU core and most (all?) the FX use the other core. If this is the case, it's a shame that the CPU core that is dedicated to the Amp block cannot be reallocated for something else.

Wish: It would be awesome if the FM3 could automatically reallocate blocks to use the amp processing core if there is no amp block in the preset. This would open up more room for "kitchen sink" presets when the FM3 is used as an effects only unit with an amp. At the very least, it would be nice if the Reverb block could use the amp block CPU if no amp block is present in the preset since Reverb is the biggest CPU hog.

I have no idea if this is even possible, but this is a wish list after all.

I would imagine that there is an FX-3 in the works.
  • Uses the FM3 chassis, buttons, and display
  • Optimized for the 4-cable method.
  • Channel switching relay outputs.
  • Compatible with the FC pedals.
  • Uses the improved Axe-Fx III effect algorithms. As well as keeping up with future updates.
  • Uses the 4x12 grid system for maximum routing flexibility.
  • No amp modeling, so more horsepower for effects.
  • Maybe a PowerAmp block and one Cab or IR Player block for a FOH output?
  • You get the idea...
Maybe an FX6 using the FC-12 chassis? More room for the relay out jacks, more expression inputs, etc....

Yeah, I’m sure there’s some sort of FX8 replacement in the works. The FC-12 chassis definitely makes more sense for that in my mind. Amp/pedal guys aren’t going to necessarily want to navigate views/menus to get to the effects switches. If they build it with only one FM3 core, it’s not going to be powerful enough with a reverb block in the chain. Might as well get the programming to better utilize the two cores done now by implementing my request ;)

Maybe an FX6 using the FC-12 chassis? More room for the relay out jacks, more expression inputs, etc....

No, there would be room to make it an FX9 using the FC-12 chassis!

Am shortly to receive an FM3 and plan to use as effects only so +1 for this. Not sure if has been reinstated since 1.06 but option to reinstate Diffusion in delay block if no amp/cab blocks used would be close to top of list.

Back
Top Bottom