Covers for knobs on FM9

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I would have preferred some guardrail protecting the knobs from being kicked off. Really not too big of issue, but is there something 3rd party that is cool and does the job?

I was disappointed that they took the handle bars off as well. I'll just have to be extra careful. FM9 is awesome tho.

Not exactly, but interesting. Thanks for sharing

Seems that shop is closed at the moment - also not clear if they'd fit

Those actually look pretty cool & practical. I'm not sure if they will fit the FM9 knobs. (Actually looks like they use replacement knobs). Not too expensive either. Probably worth a try.
Prior to researching this problem, I’d never seen solutions like these. I like that you can adjust the knob, see the setting at the top, and even (in a FAS sense) depress the knob. I am also unsure if they’ll work with the FM series devices, but it is a great idea for:

1. Fractal Audio to consider implementing something similar in future designs, or
2. A company like Stompshield to mod the design so it will work, or
3. just to show there are other ways (besides a bar that is often as much in the way as helpful) to protect controls.

With all the cool stuff being made for players, and with 3d printers and such in the wild, it seems this problem could be effectively and creatively solved pretty easily!

Or maybe something like the Line6 Pod Hd300/500?
1634400163466.png

I'm still worried about my foot getting caught on the knobs. Exactly, when pressing footswitch number 7. Anyone had a problem with that?

I have stepped on the FM3's A knob once or twice by accident with a toe, thereby engaging the tuner/mute. It was only during rehearsal when I was jumping over to get to it and was just being sloppy. So, something to be careful of.

I really liked the "grab bar" on the Ax8, I could pick the whole thing up with one hand.

I'm sure there is going to be someone out their that is cutting an Acrylic cover that has holes in it that fit over the top of the interface that leaves just enough room to adjust knobs and press buttons..

I have stepped on the FM3's A knob once or twice by accident with a toe, thereby engaging the tuner/mute. It was only during rehearsal when I was jumping over to get to it and was just being sloppy. So, something to be careful of.

I really liked the "grab bar" on the Ax8, I could pick the whole thing up with one hand.
Thank you for the information.
I wonder if such a cover as it was in AX8 can somehow be adapted to FM9.
IMHO the plexiglass cover alone does not protect the knob.

Back
Top Bottom