Cover Band Fun

Jipps0525

Power User
Used to play lead in a big agency cover band but I am now back in a four piece stripped down bar cover band since deciding to go back to school. By stripped down I mean four piece, no tracks and a little bit of background vocals when we can haha. Trying to push these guys to do more pop stuff but we are limited since it’s men singers and no tracks. I come here today wondering what songs (song lyrics) would fit over the Miley Cyrus Party in the USA song? So like band plays party in the USA but singer sings a different song. What would fit?

Edit: if the Mods will allow, I’d like to keep this thread open and to be extended for all cover band ideas; medleys, songs played over other songs, etc… let’s have fun

Here’s another topic of discussion. I am in the camp that Shania Twain’s Man I Feel Like a Woman is the ultimate cover band tune. Time and time again I’ve seen women and men run to dance floors when they hear that opening riff. Do you think it would carry the same effect with a male singing? Do you think it would sound fine with just one guitar and the guitar playing the opening synth/keys riff?

In my mind it Would be a little strange to see a man singing he feels like a woman, but in today's times we are not supposed to judge.
I hear where you’re coming from but I don’t think it would be weird at all. If your male frontman can make it fun and sounds good singing it, brings the energy, DGAF attitude, then I don’t think it would be strange at all

Here’s another topic of discussion. I am in the camp that Shania Twain’s Man I Feel Like a Woman is the ultimate cover band tune. Time and time again I’ve seen women and men run to dance floors when they hear that opening riff. Do you think it would carry the same effect with a male singing? Do you think it would sound fine with just one guitar and the guitar playing the opening synth/keys riff?
There’s a local all male band that plays it, and for some strange reason, everybody loves it! 😀

There’s a local all male band that plays it, and for some strange reason, everybody loves it! 😀
Lol I really don’t doubt it. I’d bet if an all female band was playing the song and it was mostly men in the crowd, they’d start moshing too! It’s a freaken jam!

We do Feel Like A Woman and Any Man Of Mine. They go over great. We do have a female singer, so there's that :D

We are an all male cover band, but we do Love Shack by the B-52s and it slays the crowd. Our drummer (who only sings lead on a few novelty songs) handles the lead part and our other two singers (who typically handle the leads) do the female parts. I'm just there to wow the crowd with my guitar prowess. I play both chords in that song like a boss. :D

To answer your question about mashup songs, you might look into something with Funk #49 and Footloose. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos of cover bands doing various takes on that combination.

We are an all male cover band, but we do Love Shack by the B-52s and it slays the crowd. Our drummer (who only sings lead on a few novelty songs) handles the lead part and our other two singers (who typically handle the leads) do the female parts. I'm just there to wow the crowd with my guitar prowess. I play both chords in that song like a boss. :D

To answer your question about mashup songs, you might look into something with Funk #49 and Footloose. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos of cover bands doing various takes on that combination.
Love it! I’ll check out that mashup. I just found this one which I think is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom