Coupon code?

RTL44

Are coupon codes still being offered? I am ready to order an Ultra, but can't find a code anywhere.

T.I.A.

-Bob

Those were for when there was a waiting list to get one. The discount went away when the waiting list did.

D

Discount is "technically" still there... just not as much...

Axe-Fx Effects Processor
Item# FAS001
MSRP $1,799.95
Sale price: $1,499.95

Axe-Fx Ultra Effects Processor
Item# FAS002
MSRP: $2,299.95
Sale price: $1,999.95

When there was a wait, people could buy from Cliff's "secret stash" for regular price without having to wait... but now production has ramped up! So we don't have to pay MSRP we pay "Sale Price"... capiche?

My bad. I didn't realize they hadn't gone up to the full MSRP. Maybe I need a second one in that case?

D

No need for coupon code.
Item is already discounted below MSRP. You pay what everyone else has been paying.

Why would you even care for a coupon code when you're searching for heavenly tone?!?!?! Just buy an Ultra!!!!

i know, but man, things are tight right now. and, i would also obviously need a foot controller. i may just have to wait - as much as that sucks.

RTL44 said:
i know, but man, things are tight right now. and, i would also obviously need a foot controller. i may just have to wait - as much as that sucks.
Foot controller, shmoot controller... are you only going to use it for recording at home or for live use?

Reason I ask is because you can buy the Axe-fx now and get the FCB1010 for about $150... that's what I use and it works great especially with the $10 Uno... or if you are only going to do home recording you could always buy the Axe-fx and use this to control it!

mortega76 said:
RTL44 said:
Foot controller, shmoot controller... are you only going to use it for recording at home or for live use?

Reason I ask is because you can buy the Axe-fx now and get the FCB1010 for about $150... that's what I use and it works great especially with the $10 Uno... or if you are only going to do home recording you could always buy the Axe-fx and use this to control it!

I do some recording, but mostly live playing (every weekend). I have been using a Vetta 2 for a couple of years and I love the convenience and versatility of being able to model so many different tones and I literally have written patches for every song we play. Some are duplicates, but the point is, I like all of that - the portability & convenience - but have admittedly grown weary of the tone. I used to play through tube amps, but it was too much of a hassle - particularly since I have been playing in a cover band. Even with the Vetta, I constantly get comments about how good my guitar sounds. Of course, I think we would all agree (even though I haven't heard one in person) that the Axe-FX will sound better, but part of me says it's hard to justify $2k PLUS a foot controller ($500) PLUS an amp ($?) PLUS 2 FRFR speakers ($?).

I suppose I could get the Ultra now and tweak for a while until the Fractal MFC101 comes out (assuming it will), but I hope you can understand my dilemma.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I need to decide soon! I start a 10 day vacation Friday. Tweaking a new Ultra sure would be a great way to spend those 10 days - assuming I would get it by then. Anyone know how long it would take if I ordered it today? I live in oHIo.

I was in the same boat you are in... I loved the convenience of my Vetta II HD into my two cabs controlled by my (limited but conveniently laid out) FBV Long Board.

Two things for me... You are supremely lucky (if you get an Axe-fx today) to start off on firmware 7.06. I started on firmware 5.13 (I think) and it was a struggle since day one for me... My bass player (who is no longer in our band) used to tell me that he didn't like my new rig... he said he missed the aggressiveness of my Vetta II HD... I kept telling him... no, you're wrong this is the ultimate in tone-age!!! But in the back of my mind I too missed my Vetta II HD. I sold my Vetta II HD, FBV Long board & custom case to someone in Germany so I had no choice but to stick it out. With every firmware I got a bit closer (inch by inch) for me the SAG feature always sucked whatever tone I was looking for from my amp sim (that's why I think users that had tube power amps didn't have as much of an issue)... I would put it on the lowest setting of 0.04 and the volume would just drop and my tone would be like flub and flop. I've stated in another thread how my percussionist's Valvetronix sounded 10x better than my 5.xx-6.xx live tone and at that point I was disgusted with my rig.

Then came 7.xx where Cliff re-worked the power amp algorithms and he sprinkled some pixie dust on everyone's tone... before I would have to tweak in between each and every song to add something, clean something, remove this, remove that nastiness that I would hear (or wouldn't hear). First practice with 7.xx I set my amp setting all to default and only played with the Depth, Damp, Sag & Master (boost and high enabled) and I was blown away! I had the biggest smile from ear to ear that my face actually hurt afterwords! :D From then on my tone is vastly superior to my percussionist Valvetronix... and just two weekends ago I used 7.xx live for the first time and it was heavenly!

My second biggest hurdle was programming patches with effects on/off... I had to get the Uno for my FCB1010... just no way around it. I use (from left to right, top to bottom), Drive, Auto-Wah, Trem, Delay & Flanger for the stompbox row of my FCB1010. Second row is my patches row... Clean, Suffer (ending), Voices (verse), Take It Back (over driven clean with delay) & Distortion. Pedals are Wah and Whammy. I absolutely hated programming my pedal, there was no clear cut way to do it... now there's all these resources on the web thanks to Voes. Still kind of daunting but once you set it up you'll be done with it.

As I said, you are sooooooooo lucky to be starting off with 7.06 (when you order your AXe-fx today! ;) ) If you need any help let me know... I'd be more than happy to help!

P.S. I forgot to mention Direct Recording tones... it's been almost a mirror image of the struggles I've gone through with Direct Recording, I used to run a TS808 in front of everything to give me that tight agressive palm muting crunch... but then I would lose all my low end. Now with 7.xx I don't even run a Drive block in front off my Amp sim except for the intro to "A Moment In Time" as an effect.

Thanks mortega. I really appreciate your input. I also had a valvetronix rig a while back. But, as with most guitarists, kept chasing a better sound. I tried a Tonelab SE thru 2-AC30's (nice, but heavy and expensive), a Carvin V3 with a G-Major (and the FCB1010 w/uno), sold the G-major and FCB, and got a G-System (I am one of the few who HATED the G-system - I had noise and coloration like crazy and the customer service people sucked), tried a THD Univalve somewhere along the way, and finally settled on the Vetta 2 because of the convenience and integration with the foot controller (and decent sounds that I was able to produce). I definitely use both expression pedals, and love that the tuner is built-in to the foot controller. I bought an extra Line6 2x12 cab, but then stopped taking it to gigs because of space issues (at some venues, but in my SUV - I own, carry and run the band's P.A.) so here I am again, trying to find the "holy grail" yet again. I am just trying to make sure I don't do the same thing I (and most of us here) have done so many times before...buy something thinking it is going to be "it", only to find out I am wrong AGAIN.

My only other concern is the foot controller issue. I want it to integrate with the Ultra much the same as the FBV. People can bash Line6 all they want, but that was a well designed foot controller. And THAT is my bottom line - probably more than the $$$. Am I going to give up the convenience and comfort of what I have now to improve my tone? I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but it isn't. If I have to labor to get my tones and select my patches, then I risk losing the inspiration, feel, heart, and soul. Without that, I don't care what your tone sounds like, the magic is lost.

-Bob

RTL44 said:
Thanks mortega. I really appreciate your input. I also had a valvetronix rig a while back. But, as with most guitarists, kept chasing a better sound. I tried a Tonelab SE thru 2-AC30's (nice, but heavy and expensive), a Carvin V3 with a G-Major (and the FCB1010 w/uno), sold the G-major and FCB, and got a G-System (I am one of the few who HATED the G-system - I had noise and coloration like crazy and the customer service people sucked), tried a THD Univalve somewhere along the way, and finally settled on the Vetta 2 because of the convenience and integration with the foot controller (and decent sounds that I was able to produce). I definitely use both expression pedals, and love that the tuner is built-in to the foot controller. I bought an extra Line6 2x12 cab, but then stopped taking it to gigs because of space issues (at some venues, but in my SUV - I own, carry and run the band's P.A.) so here I am again, trying to find the "holy grail" yet again. I am just trying to make sure I don't do the same thing I (and most of us here) have done so many times before...buy something thinking it is going to be "it", only to find out I am wrong AGAIN.

My only other concern is the foot controller issue. I want it to integrate with the Ultra much the same as the FBV. People can bash Line6 all they want, but that was a well designed foot controller. And THAT is my bottom line - probably more than the $$$. Am I going to give up the convenience and comfort of what I have now to improve my tone? I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but it isn't. If I have to labor to get my tones and select my patches, then I risk losing the inspiration, feel, heart, and soul. Without that, I don't care what your tone sounds like, the magic is lost.

-Bob
I'm right there with ya Bob...

Before 7.xx, I was actually scowering eBay for a decently priced Vetta HD... now, after all my calibrations, trial/errors and getting a decent feel as to what type of sound I want out of my Axe-fx... I don't see myself ever going back to a Vetta. It took me from April 2008 until Feb 2009 (I think that's when 7.00 came out) to finally be satisfied with my Axe-fx. But it is a far greater satisfaction than I ever received from my Vetta... especially for my direct recording tones. I had Armin's toolkit for 2.03 (he probably had that Framus 4x12 V30 IR & the Mesa IR in his toolkit too I bet! ;) ) and it still never did it for me... Recording wise, the Vetta always sounded like a $20 practice amp instead of a $1700 Recording/Live amp (for me)... Two things I do miss, tuner at my feet (which I really don't mind pressing the tuner button on my Axe-fx) and being able to switch between two amps as a Left/Right effect (because it was hardwired in the FBV to do so)... which I know I can easily setup in another patch with the Axe-fx & a stomp and/or foot controller to pan between the two... but I'm just too lazy to do so... and it was only for an intro to one song... :D

I'm telling you... if you get an Axe-fx now, you will have had it much easier than I had it.

Well Mo...I JUST ORDERED AN ULTRA! :!: :D :shock:

I can't wait! Now I have to decide what expression pedals to buy. I am going to TRY to wait on the Fractal Foot Controller. If I can't, I'll buy something cheap and functional until it comes out.

Thanks again for all of your input/advice and objective opinions.

HailHalford said:
RTL44, if you still have your Vetta and floorboard, you can use them to control the AxeFX. User GMArts worked out the details. Instructions in the AxeFX WIKI here: http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=Using_Axe-FX_with_Line_6_Vetta_II. It worked well for me (I used the analog loop on the Vetta). You won't have access to the tuner, but you will have a capable foot controller for no additional cost. Good luck and enjoy!

That is awesome! I will try it. That will give me a lot of comfort until:
a) I am familiar with the Ultra
b) The MFC101 comes out

THANKS!

RTL44 said:
Well Mo...I JUST ORDERED AN ULTRA! :!: :D :shock:

I can't wait! Now I have to decide what expression pedals to buy. I am going to TRY to wait on the Fractal Foot Controller. If I can't, I'll buy something cheap and functional until it comes out.

Thanks again for all of your input/advice and objective opinions.
That's awesome Bob... like I said if you need any help, let me know... If I can't help you I'm sure someone here can!

And like I said before... You are soooooooo lucky to be starting off with firmware 7.06. One thing that jumped out at me right away when I went to 7.xx were the presets. Almost all of them sounded dark & muddy with no definition... in other words... like shit (no offense to anyone but to me they did)... but when I went to 7.xx the presets just came to life, there is a preset called USA Clean (I think) that sounded great to me and when I got my single coil guitar it just sounded soooooooo pretty (for lack of a better word). I also dug the Eddie Van Halen patches as well, with a bit of tweaking those could definitely be used for high gain madness! Good luck and welcome to the fold!

Edit: If the Vetta setup gets too complicated I still suggest getting a good used FCB1010 w/Uno.

Back
Top Bottom