Couple of NGD's Taylor and Charvel

Rich5150

Experienced
I have always been a huge fan of The Taylor 614Ce's and I was able to grab this used Builders Edition, just wow what a smooth playing acoustic . And ive been looking to grab a Warren Demartini Charvel for ages so I picked this one up as well

Rack of Super Strats

And I threw this together a few Months ago, Pretty much a replica of my main Fractal Preset.

Congratulations! HS guitars are so rare, and 24 fret Floyded superstrats are too. I've been eyeing that thing for a while now. How's the tone?

Congratulations! HS guitars are so rare, and 24 fret Floyded superstrats are too. I've been eyeing that thing for a while now. How's the tone?
Thanks, they are only 22 frets though, The Duncan RTM is a cool pickup, im going to steal this description someone else wrote in a comparison with the JB which is what he originally used. I suck at describing stuff sorry.

Output is in the same ballpark, for sure, but the response and feel is different between the two. If you've ever swapped an A2 into a JB, it's kind of like that, but doesn't lose the output. I hate making any comparison to the A2 in a JB, because the RTM is definitely NOT just a JB with an A2 mag contrary to what a lot of people assumed it was early on. It's a touch hotter than the stock JB, yet still open sounding and more defined and percussive than a "JB2". The RTM has the dynamics and great harmonics of a JB, but a chewier midrange and smoother highs, not as much bite and presence as the regular JB has in stock form. Both pickups yield a great RATT-esque lead tone. The RTM is just a bit more refined and covers styles like EVH a bit better, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom