Country Tones Tour (and preset!) from Zac Brown Band's Clay Cook

I’ve notice that the Strat patch sounds bassy and gainy. I’m wondering if Clay plays with his guitar turned down? Also these are live setting so I’m sure they’re dialed in for FOH.
Exact same results for me on a prs fiore. Granted my hs8's are pretty boomy..

I’m pretty sure he did this on 26.00 because I tried to load it on pre-26.00 and it wouldn’t work. I updated to 26 and it worked.
That’s nice to know. I tried Clay’s setting at sound check and it sounded great as long as I kept my guitar volume down a little. I have a feeling this is what he does, maybe @Cooper Carter can confirm.

Last edited:
Exact same results for me on a prs fiore. Granted my hs8's are pretty boomy..
I have the same guitar! How incredible is the Fiore?! My favorite guitar I've ever owned. I got the white color, which one did you settle on?

I also had the same results on the Fiore, I ended up just turning the amp gain down and it sounded killer!

I have the same guitar! How incredible is the Fiore?! My favorite guitar I've ever owned. I got the white color, which one did you settle on?

I also had the same results on the Fiore, I ended up just turning the amp gain down and it sounded killer!
Ive got the amaryllis...? red one. Got it at launch and played the piss out of it. I recently needed a refret and did stainless and had my luthier compound the fretboard to go 10-14.5". I did also replace the fiorebucker early on for a saturday night special. Its a beautiful guitar but there was definitely a defect in the finish on mine. Within the first week of owning it, it clouded from sweat and then the paint started to scrap on every corner. Its pretty beat up now. I sent it to PRS and they claimed it was all because i had it in a Mono case instead of a PRS case lol. Whatever.

but ill try lowering the gain. The cool thing about his tone is that its pretty basic...its not really super detailed and specific. Its juicy fender with a compressor.

Ive got the amaryllis...? red one. Got it at launch and played the piss out of it. I recently needed a refret and did stainless and had my luthier compound the fretboard to go 10-14.5". I did also replace the fiorebucker early on for a saturday night special. Its a beautiful guitar but there was definitely a defect in the finish on mine. Within the first week of owning it, it clouded from sweat and then the paint started to scrap on every corner. Its pretty beat up now. I sent it to PRS and they claimed it was all because i had it in a Mono case instead of a PRS case lol. Whatever.

but ill try lowering the gain. The cool thing about his tone is that its pretty basic...its not really super detailed and specific. Its juicy fender with a compressor.
Dang, Im sorry to hear that. Customer service should be better than that. Lame response. I use a Mono case too lol, I guess I won't mention that if I need to contact them.
I also got mine at launch and have played it every day, at every gig since. It's got nicks and scratches all over it, I love it. It LOOKS like a working guitar.
I got the white one.
I should probably get a refret on mine but that sounds expensive. Ive never done that with any guitar I've owned yet. How does the SNS sound compared to the original Fiorebucker? I always thought the balance between the humbucker and single coils was really nice.

I’ve notice that the Strat patch sounds bassy and gainy. I’m wondering if Clay plays with his guitar turned down? Also these are live setting so I’m sure they’re dialed in for FOH.
I’ve noticed this too. Granted, I only tried this patch with my tele with humbuckers on split coils, but it immediately sounded extra bassy and not like what I heard in the video, so I’m curious to see the les paul patch.

I've enjoyed jamming on this patch with my Majesty with Super Distortion and Norton pickups. I'm intrigued to see what he varies between this strat preset and the HB preset. Such a treasure to be able to see how Pro touring musicians set up their patches!!!

Last edited:
So I have been trying for a few weeks on and off to get the file to load. I know I am brain farting but I get it to load and its blank. Suggestions for the Brain Cloud people.

Back
Top Bottom