Country,roots rock,rockabilly player Need advice on axe fx II

Be interested to hear your findings as I play similar music and have played a Swart (not owned one though). Great amps..
I'm a few months new to the Axe II and did not have prior experience with the Ultra/Standard, but I'm really enjoying it so far. One of the main reasons I bought the Axe is because I encounter volume restrictions at home now with a newborn and I can't stand to choke down an amp's volume that was built for stage volume. I've played mostly vintage amps for 25 years or so and I would not sale the few amps I still own, but I don't have to either. I've been running the Axe II into a pair of studio monitors (NS10s), which I know well, and it sounds fantastic. I'd like to try bigger better monitors though and intend to run it into a power amp and maybe an EV12L 1x12 cab once I can put that together. I think that will get me closer to what I'm used to. I've been really digging the 65 Bassman model with some comp/slap delay, etc. for rockabilly or roots type sounds so far. Need to dig in deeper and get better and building presets from scratch though.

Let us know how things compare for you.

I sent the Palmer back. It wasn't close. So much so that I didn't waste my time doing a in-depth test. The axe fx is amazing. Now I'm gonna run it head to head against my amp. Most of the time it's hard to impress me. Most stuff does what's it's supposed or it don't. I've had this for 24 hours and I'm just blown away. I was rocking out with my headphones out and my wife was laughing. She put them on and she couldn't believe it. Another marriage saved by axe-fx

Back
Top Bottom