Country gig ? Using Axe?

I did, but don't currently.

Used it the same way I use it now - Direct to FOH and self monitor via powered monitor OR IEM.

I mainly play country, and I'm getting really killer tones!
I run direct to FOH and use in ears. I've got a couple of blackface patches that really nail the brent mason tone! I Also use a couple of top boost patches for more of modern country and paisley stuff. I've been trying to get around to posting some sound clips, but haven't had the time.

bdsp8 said:
I run direct to FOH and use in ears. I've got a couple of blackface patches that really nail the brent mason tone! I Also use a couple of top boost patches for more of modern country and paisley stuff. I've been trying to get around to posting some sound clips, but haven't had the time.
Do you find the Top Boost model works better for this (Brad Paisley tone) than the Mr. Z model? I've made presets that use both but I can't decide which I like better and keep vaccillating between them. :|

Stringtheorist said:
bdsp8 said:
Do you find the Top Boost model works better for this (Brad Paisley tone) than the Mr. Z model? I've made presets that use both but I can't decide which I like better and keep vaccillating between them. :|
The AC30 is really the amp that Brad used for the first couple of records(and his most recent). He actually used a non top boost model for a long time. He also says a lot of his sound comes from the celestion blue alnico speakers. So I use the AC30 and the 2x12 Blue cab, and it sound really good to me. I've tried the maz sim, and it just doesn't seem to have that hollow woody sound that the AC30 has. I used to own a maz38, and the sim is really close, but it still(to my ears) didn't have that paisley tone.

bdsp8 said:
The AC30 is really the amp that Brad used for the first couple of records(and his most recent). He actually used a non top boost model for a long time. He also says a lot of his sound comes from the celestion blue alnico speakers. So I use the AC30 and the 2x12 Blue cab, and it sound really good to me. I've tried the maz sim, and it just doesn't seem to have that hollow woody sound that the AC30 has. I used to own a maz38, and the sim is really close, but it still(to my ears) didn't have that paisley tone.
That's interesting. I'm missing the speaker element as I don't use cab sims. Looking forward to playing around with that when I get my Atomic FR (whenever that is).

Same here. Mostly using the AC30 block w/ 2 X 12 blues and a bit of slap delay for the Paisley type tone which is one of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom