Countdown poll

countdown thoughts!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO an Axe-Edit version wouldn't warrant a countdown.

I had cause to speak to Tom around a year ago - and floor based product, with a less powerful processor which would offer fewer FX at any time, less routing capabilities and less deep editing facilities was in R&D then - so thats my vote. Price they were aiming for was somewhere between the HD500 and the 11R. the prime concern was keeping as high a quality of amp sims and FX as possible in that price. the other things we love could be cut to meet that.

Would make a great grab and go - or back for the main axe rig.

I think my first guess is wrong; an updated Preset Manager wouldn't warrant a countdown. Perhaps it's a Line6 Variax sort of guitar/pickup modeler? THAT would be cewl :)

We will be glad If we can buy an Ultra finally and use stable Axe-Edit 1.0.
That's enough for a first step.

paulmapp8306: I hope you are not right.
"floor based product, with a less powerful processor which would offer fewer FX "
What's exciting about that?

if there was a new firmware that allowed you to change mic positions or somehow was more processing-efficient without lower sound quality, i would be stoked.

i'm stoked for whatever it is though

OK Cliff here is another "educated" guess:

Introducing...... AXE-FX for the UAD platform.... so what do I win?

This might make sense, seeing as how they both use TigerSharcs, and would eliminate the problem of piracy...

On the other hand, UAD has always announced new relationships well before the plugin drops...

I'm guessing 2 things ship on the same day - 1.0 of Axe-Edit and a Firmware 11.0. This is based on Matt saying that Axe-Edit was one of the things and Cliff has posted clips from an upcoming firmware.

Mark

I bet back when you were putting together your first axe fx prototype you never figured there would come a day where you could simply post the number 10 on a message board and cause mass hysteria.

If it truly is none of the above then I would probably have better luck tracking down Bin Laden then guessing cause I got nothing.

In light of recent events I would like to make a second try at this post.

If it truly is none of the above then I would probably have better luck receiving 100 million dollars then guessing cause I got nothing.

We will be glad If we can buy an Ultra finally and use stable Axe-Edit 1.0.
That's enough for a first step.

paulmapp8306: I hope you are not right.
"floor based product, with a less powerful processor which would offer fewer FX "
What's exciting about that?

Nothing to existing Axe owners, however to the thousands of people out there who want an Axe but cant afford the asking price, or cant justify spending so much on a product they wont utilise to its potential, or dont want a seperate midiboard and rack - its very exciting.

What if the new thang only does effects, no amp or cab sims?!?!?!? It would be far less expensive, say $995? It would be the perfect add on to any guitar/amp rig.

Back
Top Bottom