Corny Djent Tst

sebby123

So i decided to try and do some djenty type tones with the axe using the cornford amp sim with a TS808 in front and running through the german 4x12 dont mind the crappy drum sounds its the stock drum synth in sonar and my first time tying to program them.Note: i dont play this style of music so i just went for generic riffs

Song:Djent Tst Done
www.soundclick.com/sebastianrizo

pholklore said:
Wow, I loved that "She Doesnt Need the Money" song.

Thanks i was in that band for 5 years and we just parted me and the guitarist are going to keep writing as we were the ones who wrote all the music so more will come from that project. Thats the style of music im most comfortable writing.

soularflair said:
Nice djent :cool:
What guitar do you use?

Not what you would think just a Fender Classic player 50's routed for a humbucker with a Suhr DSH in the bridge, Tuned to AGCFAD Im looking for a better guitar for this style of music to keep in that tuning. I will Probably try to find some cheap ibanez prestige soon.

sebby123 said:
soularflair said:
What guitar do you use?
Not what you would think just a Fender Classic player 50's routed for a humbucker with a Suhr DSH in the bridge, Tuned to AGCFAD
Now that surprises me.
It sounds good, and not loose, which I'd expect with a standard guitar tuned that low.
I tried tuning a standard scale to Bb years ago - did not play nice.

sebby123 said:
I'm looking for a better guitar for this style of music to keep in that tuning. I will Probably try to find some cheap ibanez prestige soon.
Check the Agile guitars, man - they go up to 30" scale, and are very reasonably priced.

soularflair said:
sebby123 said:
soularflair said:
What guitar do you use?
Not what you would think just a Fender Classic player 50's routed for a humbucker with a Suhr DSH in the bridge, Tuned to AGCFAD
Now that surprises me.
It sounds good, and not loose, which I'd expect with a standard guitar tuned that low.
I tried tuning a standard scale to Bb years ago - did not play nice.

sebby123 said:
I'm looking for a better guitar for this style of music to keep in that tuning. I will Probably try to find some cheap ibanez prestige soon.
Check the Agile guitars, man - they go up to 30" scale, and are very reasonably priced.

Thanks yea ive been looking at the agiles for awhile! It feels really loose and loose sounding but ive noticed for this type of music for those tight rythms its more about your right hand then the right string gauge and pickup. I mean the DSH is a thick Hot rodded PAF pickup not made for this style at all.
You can hear in the "Breakdown" that when i accent that open A the tremolo dips a bit lol.

Also the Cornford amp sim is a big part is a mean bright tight amp and i love it for all styles of music.

Stringtheorist said:
Your EVH sound is cool. Which amp model did you use?

I think it was just the brown with a redwirez G12M cab 57 and 0.5 Cap Distance.

All the clips have some eqing in sonar but not much in the Djent one i added a bit of mids and highend and cut a bit of low end and the same for the EVH clip except i scooped a slight amount of mids since i was running so much on the amp. I've dialed in a better EVH tonesince then, Patch included.

The EVH TST clip was my type of marshall sound but it didnt have that EVH vibe so i redid the patch thats the one i uploaded.

Attachments

• 009_-_VHII.syx
    2 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom