Cornford vs. Das Metall, you decide

A) Great playing and attitude. Fun clip.
B) IMHO. The Cornford clip sounds better. Whether that's actually the tone or the mix, that's my opinion. The mix is different between the two clips. The Das Metal sounds louder on the guitars and there's some comb filtering or some phase issue to my ear.

I'm with everyone else here... the Cornford sounds a lot more "clearer". But I bet the Das Metall patch would sound a lot better live... and the Cornford patch would sound bright as hell with almost no low end!

Thanks for listening! There is definitely more gain going on with the Corncob patch, I think I'm going to do one track of each because I like the definition of the Diezel one. And yes the mixes are different for sure, I did the Corncob one really quick.

Dasmetal -- but not at it's current EQ/gain. It has more body and more detail in the midrange and stands alone better than the cornford. With more gain and more bite in the higher range it'll be a monster.

Loving those clips. I second what Scott was saying about the phasig on the DM but I'd be chuffed as nuts if I got near to either of those sounds!

I like them both. I'd be happy with either one. But I do prefer the Corncob. Maybe because it's a little lighter sounding, which is not what you would expect for the style you're playing.

Back
Top Bottom