copying a preset on ax edit

smegolas

Inspired
if i want to copy a preset and make a slight change to it and store the changed version beside the original, how do i do that? i want to do this because I'm in the sticky preset mode so i can switch quickly between presets. basically i just want a separate preset that has the drive on for lead.

It is under the preset menu, "save to a new preset number," in AX8 edit. The same could also be said for Axe Edit, but Axe Edit shouldn't work with the AX8.

If you are just turning blocks off or on, then you might want to look at scenes instead. Think of scenes as snapshots of the current block on/off and the X/Y states. For example, in one scene you could have a drive on; and in another scene, the drive off. The advantage is that there isn't the switching delay as there is when the AX8 has to load a new preset. The X/Y states give you a limited ability to save different settings for the same blocks. For example, you could program in the ability to have two different amps with two different cabs in same patch or the same amp with slightly different settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom