Copy scene to different preset

Teddy1975

How do I copy/insert a scene to a different preset? Can it be done?
I don't want to delete anything in the preset, just insert the copied scene into the preset, as say scene 3.
I have a preset with a perfect crunch-scene, but a so so clean-scene. In another preset I then created a much better clean-scene, that will go perfectly with the crunch in that preset.
How?? :oops:

You can copy/paste blocks and channels, but not an entire scene. A scene is different states of blocks - on/off channels, etc... When you have a block that you use a lot you can save it to your block library, then it is always easy to recall. Do a search, there are some good tutorials posted by others.

As Neo said, you can copy channels.....so say in your crunch preset, that perfect sound is on channel A of the amp block, then go to
the clean preset you like, copy that amp channel, then go back to the crunch preset, change to a different scene, change to channel B and
paste the clean channel there.

Also. if those two "perfect" scenes have different effects blocks, you can have them all in the same preset, and just turn them on
and off [bypass] as you change scenes.

Because scenes are the ‘current state’ (on/off) of your current blocks you can’t copy and paste a whole scene because both presets would have to have the exact same blocks and most likely be in the exact same block order in both presets. I would make copies of both presets and put them right next to each other in some work area of your banks so you can jump back and forth between presets. Then check the construction of the blocks and see if the presets are similar enough to work with and what you would have to do to make them similar. Making copies is so you can experiment fearlessly without jacking up your original presets. Takes a bit to wrap your head around Fractal functionality.

Highly recommend the Cooper Carter class if you can.

Making copies is so you can experiment fearlessly without jacking up your original presets.
Explore the Snapshot Tool, which is the “Camera” button on the main screen. Each time you click it it creates a copy of the current state of the preset. Using the drop-down menu you can select a previous version and instantly jump back to it, making it easy to compare changes. Save when you are happy with the changes.

You can open the folder and move, or copy, the individual presets somewhere else as alternative “takes” or for further editing by importing them.

Also, hold down Command on macOS and click the Presets button and Edit will show the previously viewed presets, making it easy to jump back and forth without needing to have presets located next to each other.

Also, hold down Command on macOS and click the Presets button and Edit will show the previously viewed presets, making it easy to jump back and forth without needing to have presets located next to each other.
I use the Snapshot tool quite a bit but I did not know about this. Thank you much!

Can I take a snapshot in a preset and then go to a different preset and save it to say scene 2? I’m trying to have my favorite clean to crunch to dirty presets all in the same preset but on different scenes. So then I can have my favorite fender, Vox, Marshal presets in scenes 1-3.

Can I take a snapshot in a preset and then go to a different preset and save it to say scene 2? I’m trying to have my favorite clean to crunch to dirty presets all in the same preset but on different scenes. So then I can have my favorite fender, Vox, Marshal presets in scenes 1-3.

No, a snapshot is a copy of an entire preset. You can't copy a "preset" to a "scene" in a different preset, or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom