Bug? Copy/paste X/Y to clipboard - not working in delay block?

swervedriver

Inspired
- Axe-Edit Version 3.0.2
- Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 11.05
- Windows Vista (Home)
- No other connected USB peripherals

Came across this issue last night while trying to copy some delay settings either in X or Y state from one preset to another (via the built-in preset picker). Copying a certain X/Y-state from an amp or cab block was no problem, but when I tried to do the same thing for the delay block, nothing was ever copied to the clipboard. When right-clicking the X/Y buttons, normally the bottom bar of the pop-up menu would show what is on the clipboard, but in this case it would show up empty.

I think the same happens with the reverb block, but I didn't doublecheck that yet. Will report back tonight when I'm back home to confirm.

Is it just random weirdness on my end, or has anyone else run into this?

Alright, the problem is a bit weirder than I thought and described above. I've had it happen for several block types now (delay, reverb and cab), so it is a recurring bug in my case, but it never seems consistent: on one preset copying X/Y states to the clipboard is no issue, on another it suddenly is. What's even stranger to me is that from time to time copying state X of a certain block to the clipboard fails, but copying state Y of the same block does work.

I'm sorry I can't point out anything structural yet that makes this bug easy to replicate, and for the next few days I'm not going to have enough time to delve a whole lot deeper into this to try and uncover that. The only relevant thing I can think of at the moment is that I don't encounter this until I've been copy/pasting states back and forth between different presets for a while (after some 15-20 times copying stuff to the clipboard), so maybe something screws up if the clipboard gets used a lot. I still need to try and see if restarting Axe-Edit solves this (for the same block/state/preset), and whether restarting my laptop / the Axe FX changes anything.

Back
Top Bottom