Copy Effect Problem

kruzty

Inspired
I'm trying to copy an effect from one preset to another. I followed the instructions in the manual, but I must be doing something wrong. I'm on the preset I want to copy to, then go to the Effect tab on the recall menu. I select the preset I want to copy from, then the effect (Delay 1 in this case). The preset I'm copying from definitely has Delay 1, but when I press Enter it says that the effect is not found. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have Delay 1 in the preset you want to copy to? The block must be there first.

Same thing here. I noticed it on the previous firmware, and just verified that it is still happening on 3.04. I just tried to copy Dly1 and Amp1 from a preset that definitely has those blocks. Result: "EFFECT NOT FOUND". The blocks are saved with Y mode active in my case. Could that have something to do with it?

1) If you want to copy the settings of an fx, the same block must already be present in your preset.
2) You can't copy global blocks.

Are you sure the block has to be in the target preset before recalling? It didn't on the standard/Ultra. II manual says: "the “local” block (whether or not it is already on the grid in the current preset) will be updated with all settings from the “retrieved” block".

Same thing here. I noticed it on the previous firmware, and just verified that it is still happening on 3.04. I just tried to copy Dly1 and Amp1 from a preset that definitely has those blocks. Result: "EFFECT NOT FOUND". The blocks are saved with Y mode active in my case. Could that have something to do with it?

You know, the one I'm copying from has the Y active, too. That must be the problem.

It can't work if the target block is not there, Axe fx don't create the suitable block if it's not there. And if it's not there Axe don't know where to put the copied settings in... For me it's seems logical to work like that but I'm not in the concept process!

It can't work if the target block is not there, Axe fx don't create the suitable block if it's not there. And if it's not there Axe don't know where to put the copied settings in... For me it's seems logical to work like that but I'm not in the concept process!

The manual is wrong, then.

I ran into the issue with forgetting it was a global block and getting mad i couldn't copy....then realized it was a global, and just loaded it up and it was all good.

It is working for me without the effect in the target preset (and I tested this before writing the manual too).

Please post your exact steps, documenting every interaction with the unit.

I ran into the issue with forgetting it was a global block and getting mad i couldn't copy....then realized it was a global, and just loaded it up and it was all good.

I haven't intentionally set up any global blocks, but I'll make sure I didn't accidentally set it as one.

For what it is worth, I copy effects from other presets quite often and what I have found is that if you have an effect saved in Y mode you need to save it in X mode before you can recall it to another preset. Then you can save it back to the Y mode. Not sure why, but that is what I have had to do. Also, I have had no problems recalling an effect from another preset that is not already in the grid of the preset I am copying to. I have not done this in 3.04 so I am not sure if this behavior has changed.

It is working for me without the effect in the target preset (and I tested this before writing the manual too).

Please post your exact steps, documenting every interaction with the unit.

I really only did what is in my original post:

- Selected preset I want to copy to (it already has a Delay 1 block)
- Went to the Effect tab on the Recall menu.
- Select the preset I want to copy from (in Effect tab) that has a Delay 1 block (BUT it is saved as Y, which seems to be the issue).
- Select the Delay 1 effect (still in Effect tab).
- Press Enter and get the effect is not found message.

Are you sure the block has to be in the target preset before recalling? It didn't on the standard/Ultra. II manual says: "the “local” block (whether or not it is already on the grid in the current preset) will be updated with all settings from the “retrieved” block".

You're right, recalling settings does work without having the target block in the preset. But it's "invisible": the action does not insert the required block.

Back
Top Bottom