Copy a preset to an empty location - FM3?

weet335

I would like to copy presets I like to empty spaces. How do I do this? I’m new to Fractal.

Thanks

Before you start, if you haven't made a backup I'd recommend doing so. In FM3-Edit, use Tools > Fractal-Bot, then click the Receive button, because you need to receive files from the modeler.

To copy a preset do one of these:
  • Open the Preset Manager, copy the preset, move to the slot you want to use, paste, and save.
  • Or, if the preset is already active, simply go to Preset > Save to new preset number, and save it. That new preset will become active.
Don't be afraid to explore the editor, you can't kill the machine.

Thank you so much! I’m really diggin’ the FM3! Though, would love to have more footswitches. DSP is a problem I haven’t experienced yet. I’m sure I will!

To piggy back on what Greg said above, if you use the Editor and drag it to a new location, then the two presets swap places. That's a pretty cool feature to prevent you from accidentally overwriting a preset you want to keep. Of course you can "copy and paste" and then you'll have two copies of the preset in concern.

Saving from the unit works just like "copy and paste", so if you don't want multiple copies of the same preset hanging around, you can save an empty preset to the old location.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom