Cool American-Style rock band/Axe-FX powered (Paramore meets Nickelback if you will)

Nice tight guitar tracks, pifos_2 ... vocal harmonies really stand out as well. Perhaps not everyone's "cup-of-tea" but I really like the combination of "Popish" melodies and heavy, no echo, grind of the rhythm guitars - seems to work. Good luck to you and this band.

Nice that
).gif

Great production work, but whilst the band are good and the tracks ok, there's nothing necessarily show-stoppingly good about them or the song writing

It takes 'something special' to stand out, but as long as they're enjoying it though, little else matters!

WOW! Like the Band, the recording and the tones! Sounds really good! Wish I was capable of producing something like this!

The only part that I dislike is when the guy says "you tried to break me down." Just totally my opinion. It reminds me of the evanescence "Can't wake up"...etc. Just my 2 cents. Love the vocals otherwise and I am definitely not a producer just thought I'd share that with you.

Again though I've now listened to both these tracks a few times each. Definitely a band I would listen to. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

WOW! Like the Band, the recording and the tones! Sounds really good! Wish I was capable of producing something like this!

The only part that I dislike is when the guy says "you tried to break me down." Just totally my opinion. It reminds me of the evanescence "Can't wake up"...etc. Just my 2 cents. Love the vocals otherwise and I am definitely not a producer just thought I'd share that with you.

Again though I've now listened to both these tracks a few times each. Definitely a band I would listen to. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

yeah it's a bit nu-metal thingie. i am not so fond of that too.

Great production in my opinion, nice balance and good sounding bass! Nice guitars too. It's just the.. music. But everything really sounds great. Nice guitar solos.
The drums sound good also. Actually quite good.

Loving it, second track is better IMO.
It's refreshing to hear an axe in a polished/mixed song as opposed to people just cranking it and going all out (although I do love that too).

Keep it up :)

Couldn't get to the first track, but quite appreciate the mixing job on the guitar parts of the second track. Could you explain how you used compression (in the axe or post mixing) on these tracks ?
Thanks

Couldn't get to the first track, but quite appreciate the mixing job on the guitar parts of the second track. Could you explain how you used compression (in the axe or post mixing) on these tracks ?
Thanks

hey man,

well i usually never use the effects/pedal from the axe-fx. i know there are good, but i have a more producer kind of approach and i use all my effect in pro tools so i can finetune and automate everything in realtime along the song.

on the song, almost every track is compressed a bit. expect those rhythm guitars. it's "so" high-gain, the waveforms are already really compressed, it's already one big sausage :) so only the clean, overdubs, leads guitars are compressed actually.

i used 99% of UAD compressors plugins, mostly the LA2A and 1176 for guitars. but you could achieve a similar result that with regular plugs from waves, sonnox, mcdsp, ... the production here really helps the mix.

something that really helps the rhytm guitars is a bit of stereo spread. that's one pro-tip. i love the waves s1, it's the only waves plugin i use. just dont overdo it, cause it will mess the phase of your mix.

happy new year and bonne annee to all already!

Last edited:
The only part that I dislike is when the guy says "you tried to break me down."

Yeah that was giving me the shits too. I would seriously get rid of that part. Otherwise it sounds awesome. I like the first song a lot more than the second one. Which amps were you using? Vocalist is great!

Nice mix - excellent pro production. I think the guitar solo in the second song could come up a little - maybe not "up" but needs to have a little room cleared so it can breathe sonically - sounds like there's something pretty cool going on there but it's just a little too obscured by everything else. Vocals are awesome.
I like the band - not something that would hold my interest for all that long, but good stuff nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom