converting Mission EP1-L6 for use with MFC-101

dschaaf

Experienced
I have 2 new Mission EP1-L6 pedals that I had bought for use with my Pod HD500....which I have now sold and replaced with the Axe FX II and MFC-101 (freakin' awesome btw!)

I am wondering if it is possible (or if anyone has) converted the EP1-L6 for use with the MFC-101...essentially making it a EP1.

Thanks,
D

Yes I have.

I believe it had two wires tied together that I had split up.

83676ed3.jpg

See the notch on the top of the photo? Use that to align yourself and then just solder as shown using the three legs and three wires.

Here is the response from Mission support:

Hi,

There is no way that you could rewire any of the existing components. We have pre-wired potentiometer>jack kits available for $25 ea. plus shipping.

83676ed3.jpg

See the notch on the top of the photo? Use that to align yourself and then just solder as shown using the three legs and three wires.

I know this is bumping an old thread but is there any way of reposting this pic or can someone explain the mod? Thanks

Line 6 expression pedals use a mono cable and are wired as a variable resistor (2 wires). Only two of the three pot lugs are used and they have only one mono output jack. The Axe II and MFC expression pedal jacks take stereo cables and require pedals that are wired as voltage dividers (3 wires). You'll need to swap the mono jack in the pedal for a stereo one and use a stereo / TRS cable. In order to convert the pedal you will have to wire the 3 pot lugs to the three contacts of a stereo / TRS jack. Tip, Ring, and Sleeve connectors on the jack correspond to the 1, 2, and 3 lugs on the pedal pot. If you wire it up and the pedal sweep is backwards, i.e. minimum value at toe down and maximum value at toe up., swap the outer two wires on the pot.

My EPL-L6 came with a TRS jack. So all I had to do was add a wire from the unhooked end of the pot to ring position of the jack.

Back
Top Bottom