Converted Digitech GSP 2101 Presets

Need to give these a try, they were some of my favorite presets from the 2101. I still have my 2101 Artist and FC 101 controller. As amazing and versatile as the AxeFX is, I still can't quite bring myself to get rid of the Digi.

Need to give these a try, they were some of my favorite presets from the 2101. I still have my 2101 Artist and FC 101 controller. As amazing and versatile as the AxeFX is, I still can't quite bring myself to get rid of the Digi.

Same here. I still have mine sitting in the closet.

Before my foray into Fractal territory I dabbled with the digitech stuff. I tried the 2101 and thought it was pretty cool. some very good sounds but was too lazy to learn how to program it. I then got the 1101 and felt for the price point it was pretty great. The beta firmwares were the key. I had it hooked up with poweramp and physical cabs and the tones were pretty good and easy/intuitive to setup. Nothing like Axe fx mind you, but better than line 6. I've gone through most of the line 6 products over the years.

The 2101 was ridiculous to try to program. The algorithms were confusing, but at least they had a bunch of pre-made ones you could use, so that wasn't too awful bad. Thing is, you put a good set of tubes in it and it sounded awesome, and the effects were awesome as hell. I really had high hopes for the 1101 as a 2101 replacement, but it just wasn't, and having to rely on beta firmware that the company wouldn't support and that the programmers had to do in their own time was ridiculous. My disappointment in the 1101 was what finally got me to say screw it. I sold a bunch of gear and finally got myself an Axe-Fx Ultra, which I later sold to some guy in Australia to help finance my Axe-Fx II Mark 1. Now I have an Axe-Fx II XL+ and I'm trying to sell my Mark 1 to help pay for that.

The 2101 though...man, that unit was in a class all by itself back in the day. Sometimes I feel like I wanna pull it out and play through it again, just for fun. I might just do that someday soon here.

Thanks for "memory lane" post. I still have my original 2112 which I updated eprom chips continuously back in the day through the now 2120 v2.10. I think I even have all my old sysex dump files somewhere too. I pulled it and the original Control One foot controller (which was still new in the box after almost 2 decades), and threw it in my rack above the Axe....just for grins. Think I'll have a few whiskeys and fire it up tonight. If anyone needs, I think I have PDF manuals for the 2112, 2120, and the Control One on a backup hard drive somewhere too. "Dual S-Disc II" \m/

Thanks for "memory lane" post. I still have my original 2112 which I updated eprom chips continuously back in the day through the now 2120 v2.10. I think I even have all my old sysex dump files somewhere too. I pulled it and the original Control One foot controller (which was still new in the box after almost 2 decades), and threw it in my rack above the Axe....just for grins. Think I'll have a few whiskeys and fire it up tonight. If anyone needs, I think I have PDF manuals for the 2112, 2120, and the Control One on a backup hard drive somewhere too. "Dual S-Disc II" \m/

Dual S-Disc II for the win! Let me know how it sounds. Now I'm totally wanting to do the same with my 2101. :)

I just bought a new Axe FX LX Plus unit last week. I've played Digitech 2101 units for over 20 years and struggled leaving them for a new unit. I have three 2101s and a 2120. I've been eyeing Axe Fx for years because they remind me of what Digitech should have came out with next. I've owned the Digitech 1101 and it was a waste of time. I went back the 2101. I'm glad to see that the 2101 unit per sets aren't forgotten. I still have a complete rack with my Limited Edition Chrome 2101 ready to go if this just isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
I just bought a new Axe FX LX Plus unit last week. I've played Digitech 2101 units for over 20 years and struggled leaving them for a new unit. I have three 2101s and a 2120. I've been eyeing Axe Fx for years because they remind me of what Digitech should have came out with next. I've owned the Digitech 1101 and it was a waste of time. I went back the 2101. I'm glad to see that the 2101 unit per sets aren't forgotten. I still have a complete rack with my Limited Edition Chrome 2101 ready to go if this just isn't my cup of tea.

You'll really dig the Axe. It's WAY WAY WAY easier to program than the 2101 and the variety of tones and effects is amazing. It's honestly the only thing that could really replace it if you're a die hard 2101 fan. Plus there's Axe Edit, which makes preset editing a breeze. If only the 2101 had something like that, it would have saved a lot of headaches. :)

I converted over these presets back when I had an Ultra, and then recreated them when I got my Axe FX II back when they first came out. Now I have an XL+ and I've updated them for Quantum 3.03 and uploaded them to AxeChange for anyone who wants them.

Curiosity: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4351
Rhythmic Orbits: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4352
Lotus Lead: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4353
Eternities: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4354
Eternities Driven: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4355

For those who don't know about the 2101, basically it took the Axe Ultra to make a worthy replacement for it. Nothing else ever measured up to that point. Not in my opinion anyway.

These are all special effects presets. On Eternities and Eternities Driven, play and hold long notes or chords.

Eternities Driven is a modification of Eternities that swells into distortion. This isn't from the 2101 specifically. Actually it's based on a reverb preset I had on the Alesis Quadraverb that would exhibit a similar behavior. The Eternities preset was perfect as the base, so I added in the ramping input gain and viola, it worked. :)

I also attempted to approximate the Rocktron Intellifex Delay Flange preset. I don't have the unit and the chorus in the Axe can't do the same settings as the Intellifex, but I gave it a shot and came out with a pretty nice sounding preset anyway that's relatively close. It's dialed in on headphones and using my particular custom wired guitar, so adjust the tone for your gear accordingly.

Rocktron Delay Flange: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4358

Thank you for doing this... I got my 2101 in like 1994, still have it though it needs some work. I think the 2101 and those that followed it in that same vein was years ahead of the competition. I didn't ever completely love the distorted tones but I always loved the fx, I wish units back then were made 4 cable compatible.

Reactions: DLM
Thank you for doing this... I got my 2101 in like 1994, still have it though it needs some work. I think the 2101 and those that followed it in that same vein was years ahead of the competition. I didn't ever completely love the distorted tones but I always loved the fx, I wish units back then were made 4 cable compatible.

No problem. I know there were a lot of great presets on the unit, so I didn't bother with the easily reproducible ones. I wanted to focus on the ones that were more special sounding, which is why I narrowed it down to the ones I did. If there are any others you think it'd be cool to reproduce, I can give it a shot. Just let me know and I'll drag my unit out and see what I can do.

I wasn't in love with the distortion either. I tried different brands of tubes, but the ones that actually did make me love the distortion were Tung-Sol 12AX7 tubes. I tried Sovteks and found them to sound rather thin. I tried a few others as well, but the Tung-Sol tubes sounded nice and meaty.

Last edited:
Hey @DLM , just wanted to let you know that the Lotus preset is still on my top list. Totally gets me "into the zone" every time. I keep it up-to-date with current firmware but maybe it has drifted somewhat from the original. I've attached it (Axe-Fx III preset).

Attachments

• DLM Lotus stero.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
Hey @DLM , just wanted to let you know that the Lotus preset is still on my top list. Totally gets me "into the zone" every time. I keep it up-to-date with current firmware but maybe it has drifted somewhat from the original. I've attached it (Axe-Fx III preset).

Cool man, that's great to hear. I've been changing them now and then to keep up with current firmware as well. You know, I still have my 2101 in the closet. I could try to sell it I guess, but I have this sentimental attachment to it. I used it for years before I got the Axe-Fx Ultra. I'm on my...fourth Axe I think now? Yeah, it's my fourth one. Ultra, II, XL+, and now the III. The Axe was the only thing I ever found that could legitimately replace my 2101.

Back
Top Bottom