Controlling lights with feet? (Affordable options)

Morbid

Inspired
Hey gang. I play in a local band and am kind of the 'tech guy' of the group. I'm trying to help us push things a little further in terms of our show, but trying to do so the most affordable way possible (small budget comes with the territory).

We recently got two American DJ Tri 7X lights and also have a no name brand RGB Panel Light (all DMX capable). This is great for illuminating our area with a single color, but does nothing as far as a "light show" goes. Unfortunately, like many small local bands, we're not in a position to have anyone run our lights or sound for us.

So I'm trying to come up with the most affordable (but still somewhat reliable) alternative to control the lights by foot. Being able to create patterns and scenes sounds great, but for the sake of affordability I'd be happy if I could just turn the lights on and off and change the colors at will.

I have absolutely NO experience with DMX and most of the affordable foot controllers I've looked at didn't review incredibly well (I also don't know if they'd work anyway). I've seen some people hook up a midi keyboard to their lights via something like the Obey 40, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to a small midi foot controller.

So I'm hoping some of the great people here on the Fractal Forum can share some affordable suggestions!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom