Controller/Modifier Question

phatdude

I set up my Axe so that my master vol and delay are each controlled by an ernie ball vol pedal. The ernie balls are going into my ground control. Works great except when I want to use the Axe without the pedalboard up all the modifiers default to zero, i.e. no vol and no delay - I have to go back and manually set the source to "none" for each preset. Is there a way around this?

Since it defaults to having the CC's at zero, the only potential solution is to reverse the polarity of everything. That would probably mean using your pedal in reverse though, or having it modified to flip the throw around.

P.S. Don't double post.

scarr said:
Since it defaults to having the CC's at zero, the only potential solution is to reverse the polarity of everything. That would probably mean using your pedal in reverse though, or having it modified to flip the throw around.

P.S. Don't double post.

Or just make 2 patches for each, one w/o modifers

May I ask how you have the GC Pro set up, and where you choose the setting in the Axe for volume pedal control via the expression input on the GC? This is the place I've finally gotten stuck... everything else has been a walk in the park!

jeffinaustin said:
May I ask how you have the GC Pro set up, and where you choose the setting in the Axe for volume pedal control via the expression input on the GC? This is the place I've finally gotten stuck... everything else has been a walk in the park!

I have the expression pedals attached to the gp pro and linked in the axe-fx as external 1 and 2

So I'm in the "modifier" menu from the Volume/Pan block and selected Extrn 1, but all it's doing is a 100% on or off. What am I missing? I'm using an EB Jr in the Expression 1 on the GC Pro with a Y cable.

jeffinaustin said:
So I'm in the "modifier" menu from the Volume/Pan block and selected Extrn 1, but all it's doing is a 100% on or off. What am I missing? I'm using an EB Jr in the Expression 1 on the GC Pro with a Y cable.

Go to the vol/pan block
go to the volume parameter
hit enter
select source external 1

OK - I got it see it now, BUT there's no sweep. It goes from 0-128 REALLY quick with no taper in between. Is there something you had to adjust to get it working naturally?

You are very kind to answer these questions. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom