Control Virtual Capo shift in+/- 1 semi tones using FC-12

Nightime

Hi,

I'd like to configure 2 of the buttons on the FC-12 to act as an up/down shift (1 semi tone at a time) of the pitch shift Virtual Capo block.
I want to be able to press one of the buttons to go up in +1 semitone increments and the other to go down -1 semitones.

This should behave similarly to the utility bank command that can run between banks.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, is the only alternative to use a pedal to sweep through the range to the proper pitch shift?

Thanks!

That would be a great feature. You could actually use one switch using the hold feature.
Not at my 3..... but if you select the modifier panel for the pitch adjustment knob or as a control switch you may be able to set it up.

I have used channels to switch between 4 different settings but was struggling with the whole thing and just made duplicate presets as I use only one for my church gig. I have an FC6 so used separate stand in switches for this... I currently have Capo 1 to 4 on 1 switch and hold function on switch 2 toggles D and Eb.

Post if you get it. ;)

I understand your suggestion, but I was hoping to avoid it.
your suggestion limits me to 4 pitches + Disable. I was hoping to be able to have more flexibility, and also, not to "waste" all the channels just for a single block operation.

In general, as a feature, having a Control Switch set to a Plus +N (Select-able value) or -N operation might be a useful addition for a multitude of feature, volume, rates etc...

Again, Bank +1 , Bank -1 is my conceptual guideline for this ability...

Nice idea, but this isn't possible with the current features of the FC. Control switches have a binary output value: on or off. There's nothing to "+N" as they are totally "unaware" of the parameter(s) they are assigned to. If anything, a +1/-1 trigger would need to be added to the firmware of the connected device, but I think that this is fundamentally at odds with how Shift works (as a knob).

I think that having the ability to do +1/-1 in a control switch doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch from the existing functionality. it does appear to be a new feature requirement though.

In any case, I don't think using different channels is a good alternative unless there is a way to maintain the channel changes between scenes. it doesn't help me that i'm -1 in Rhythm but still -2 in all the other scenes.
Basically, I'm trying to set a global virtual capo that I can control the actual pitch value using the FC, and not take up a pedal just for that (it's something that I update once per guitar/song basically).

I will add this to the wish list forum as well.

I just verified a bit ago and stated above there wasn't any type of option....
And you are correct... the reason I went with the different presets was the channel thing. I just saved the channel to all scenes on a particular preset.

As a side note .... I also have a performance knob set up for that pitch block.... so I can just walk over to the AXE 3 and switch settings up or down on the fly. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom