Control Switch documentation?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Ok... Where is the Control Switch documentation for the Axe Fx III? There is no mention of the phrase "control switch" that I can find while searching the PDF manual.

I haven't worried about this until now because the FCs were not shipping, but now that they are I want to do some reading and pre-planning.

I guess I can check the AX8 manual...

Well... I guess between page 37 of the AX8 manual and the info in the FC manual, I've got it figured out.

Feels like the Axe Fx III manual should at least mention them, and would be nice if something similar to AX8 section was included.

I was trying to find some info on the new 'Last' setting for the Control Switches and also noticed that they are not mentioned in the manual? They seem to persist through preset changes?

For example... When you come from a preset/scene with all of them set to 'On' or 'Off, or any mixture, into a preset with all of them set to 'Last', the 'on/off' states carry over from the last preset.....?

Last edited:
I was trying to find some info on the new 'Last' setting for the Control Switches and also noticed that they are not mentioned in the manual? They seem to persist through preset changes?

For example... When you come from a preset with a all them set to 'On' or 'Off, or any mixture, into a preset with all of them set to 'Last', the 'on/off' states carry over from the last preset.....?
It's in the FC manual on phone 37:

E21EA441-8A48-44FC-9EE3-33AD8EA88C46.jpeg

It does state that they "retain their current or 'Last' state as you switch presets or scenes".

This can be problematic? See the example in my previous post.
I would imagine you probably don't want Last unless you are doing very specific things with presets.

Also, I would guess you would want to set them as On/Off as desired in the default scene of your presets.

I would imagine you probably don't want Last unless you are doing very specific things with presets.
I hope they change it so that Last isn't the default... you rarely would want your control switches to retain their state across presets (and I personally wouldn't normally want them to stay in Last state between scenes either). If it is then that would add a lot of clicking to every preset to have to change them.

This came up from a client who has presets from a couple of different preset makers.

Some of my presets have some Control Switches set to 'off', and some are set to 'On'. Many have them all set to 'Off' or 'On', even though there are no Control Switches being used.

The preset(s) from the other maker have them all set to 'Last' (the new default). So when the preset is loaded, it loads with the Control Switch setting of the previous preset.

I plan on going through all six versions of all of my Axe-Fx III presets (over 600) and set them all to 'Off' (except for a few cases where I may have used a Control Switch and made specific changes?). But even in those few cases, the specific 'On' and 'Off' settings will carry over the any preset with them all set to 'Last'.

This came up from a client who has presets from a couple of different preset makers.

Some of my presets have some Control Switches set to 'off', and some are set to 'On'. Many have them all set to 'Off' or 'On', even though there are no Control Switches being used.

The preset(s) from the other maker have them all set to 'Last' (the new default). So when the preset is loaded, it loads with the Control Switch setting of the previous preset.

I plan on going through all six versions of all of my Axe-Fx III presets (over 600) and set them all to 'Off' (except for a few cases where I may have used a Control Switch and made specific changes?). But even in those few cases, the specific 'On' and 'Off' settings will carry over the any preset with them all set to 'Last'.
Maybe the batch editor in a FracTool could help?

Back
Top Bottom