Control Switch as Solo Boost

cbellanga

Inspired
hi guys, just a quick tip I've discovered today and thought it would worth sharing. Happy to delete the thread if everybody's aware anyway.

I've been using a Control Switch to trigger my cab level to +5db. This way I don't need a filter or a volume block and I believe it consumes almost no CPU.. every little helps :)

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 17.58.23.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 17.59.18.png

Good tip, thanks. I love using the Control Switches, not only for a straight volume boost like you describe here, but also to kick in the amp Boost or Sat, raise the Drive, turn other fx on/off (like a mini-scene), change the level of delay or reverb for solos, etc. Pretty much every one of my presets has a CS in it now.

I also think that the cab level is the best way to boost my volume. But I use an external potentiometer footswitch. The footswitch toggles the output between 0 Ohm and the value set by the pot. So I set the max. boost in the cab block, but can also quickly adjust the actual boost to the current situation.

Great idea since I've updated to q7 my patches disable my reverb as my cpu is maxed out so cpu savings tips are great for me, does this push the speaker to break up with the extra level or is it purely a level boost, I'm Currently using a filter block for my solo boosts

Same here for the last month or so.

However, I've been experimenting with an optical comp post-cab and using that to boost and also smooth things out. Since the comp negates any cab-level boost, I moved it to the comp. For patches where I'm not using a post-amp comp, I'm keeping the boost in the cab.

You can put the optocomp between the amp and cab block without any negative side effects

I set everything up with scenes, and I have a scene controller attached to the cab level that I use to adjust the levels between each scene including solo boosts.

Back
Top Bottom