Continuous Controller for Presets?

ZenX

Wondering if it’s possible to use a continuous control pedal to scroll through presets? So moving through MIDI values 1-127 with the pedal recalls presets 1-127. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, many thanks.

...and you expect to hit the single preset that you wanted to hit? The technical part might be possible, the hitting the right preset part of it not.
You can try it with scenes.
Assign pedal 1 to scenes, put it in and try to hit the right scene.

Well, I’m hoping to use it to browse presets, to look through them, shop so to speak, not trying to recall presets for tight timing line playing, no. Any idea how to do the technical part?

To clarify: I am using an FC-12; I would like to use a CC pedal to scroll (quickly) through all the presets, and when I find one I like, press a switch on the FC-12 and have that preset assigned to the switch.

To clarify: I am using an FC-12; I would like to use a CC pedal to scroll (quickly) through all the presets, and when I find one I like, press a switch on the FC-12 and have that preset assigned to the switch.
That is not a current feature. Stopping on a single value will prove difficult in any setting.

Thanks for clarifying. As I am using it to browse, I believe it would work for my purposes. I guess I will have to manually increment up and down slowly on the FC-12 only, something that it does do.

The intended “quick way” is going to the Presets page on the front panel. The FC isn’t really designed to see all presets quickly.

Thank you again.. yes, theh FC isn't really desinged to see all presets quickly... which is why I asked my question. I'm sure many users have hundreds of presets, and would like to browse them, on the fly, without having to look at Axe Edit or even a rack mounted device, just the FC-12, which does have an alphanumeric display... then load the one they want on the fly.. I was thinking the view screen on the FC-12 would scroll through the "header" information (just the txt of the preset names, not actually loading the presests as it scrolls through them)-- and could therefore move through them very fast, one could take a moment to zero in and position onto the presetwanted. and load from there. I do a lot of loopng / long delay, so theres time to do this when improvising sometimes... too bad this is not a current feature.

Thanks for clarifying. As I am using it to browse, I believe it would work for my purposes. I guess I will have to manually increment up and down slowly on the FC-12 only, something that it does do.
A continuous controller has values from 0-127. The Axe Fx preset Banks are from 0-127.

Do you really think you can move the pedal enough to get 1/128th of it's range?

What you are talking about is not practical in any way.

Use 2 switches for preset increment and decrement and call it a day ;)

I was thinking the view screen on the FC-12 would scroll through the "header" information (just the txt of the preset names, not actually loading the presests as it scrolls through them)
No option for that. The FC info comes from the Axe Fx and the Axe Fx knows only about the current preset.

Hadn't quite gotten that far, which is why I was asking. Certainly with MIDI one could select a smaller range easily if so desired or otherwise adjust.

Would love to see faster FC preset scrolling randyvanmartini.. again, would love to scroll the names and be able to select which one loads.. but "The Axe Fx only knows about the current preset", of course.

Set the Bank size to 10, Bank Lower limit to 0, Upper limit to 50. Use the default Layout 1 (Switches 1-5, 7-11 for selecting presets, switches 6 and 12 for Bank Down and Bank Up). Might be the most viable solution; you're able to peruse 10 presets at a time and select whichever one grabs your attention and control it all from the FC-12. Don't know how much faster you could do it any other way and be reasonably practical or usable.

Last edited:
If you use the arrow keys on the front panel while the unit is on the Presets screen you can scroll through the names of the presets without changing them. See one you like? Press ENTER and it'll load.

Back
Top Bottom