Construct an Amp from scratch.

gunforhire

Ok, so I am getting better with adapting pre existing amp presets and taking amps and cabs and building a preset....But now i want to take the path of build an amp from scratch. As in either building an amp in my head or say trying to emulate an amp not in axefx like the Satelite amps. simple two knob Valve creation that is simple at its core but delivers such clarity and punch..
Am I stuck with having to use a pre existing amp block and tailor it back or is there a blank amp block?
I also want to try emulate my own amp companies amp in the virtual realm just for fun to see what i can do with it by swapping valves etc..

Any help would be appreciated. you can talk to me like I am a newbie i wont take offence. I am constantly learning new things about this amazing bit of gear so I make no claims to be at all proficient in its workings yet.

Last edited:
There's not a blank amp block. I think the best that you can do which is by no means bad, is choose an amp block that is close to what you have in mind and use that as the base. Most amps are based off of a few types anyway.

yeah, theres really only a maybe 4 or 5 basic amp starting points, The tweed and american derived amps there after, the Bassman than influenced the early marshall and then the high gain amps that all emeulated the souped up marshalls of the 80's into the 90s.. crazy when you disect then down haha.
Thanks for the help tho. I guess I'll try work backwards from my amp ideas then forwards on the axefx. :) would be cool tho if you could remove whole sections. Like replace the tone and control setup with say a volume and a tone cut.. and actually clean up the display so only what your using is seen. and not alot of dials at 12:00 as Id like to wire a path on say a vox that cuts out the knobs or adds one rather than doing it all in EQ,
if that makes sense.
espeiclly as i like certain amps but dont want their tone stacks.haha

Fractal mentioned the possibility of a netlist based interface to make/tweak amps at some point - that would be great - but it'll probably never happen.

yeah its tough and Im merely 1 guy wanting something for me so i cant expect the world to to bow to my wishes.. Just would be cool to have an amp block where you could pick
Preamp valves
Power amp valves
Transformer type
tone controls- how many and the style
kinda just like an empty amp block..hahaha

You can do almost all that already, plus some crazy impossible things, like the character knob and low resonance thingies. Power tubes: yes, transformer size and its overdrive, yes, swap tone sections from any amp in the axe, yes, changing tone knob frequencies, yes.... Just go ahead and start tweaking!

Back
Top Bottom