Connectiong Axe Fx II-MatrixGT1000FX- MatrixQ12 (eventually FOH)

cellopet

Inspired
Connecting Axe Fx II-MatrixGT1000FX- MatrixQ12 (eventually FOH)

Hi, my question is about connections: I ordered only one Q12 passive cab ( for now...) and i would like to know how to enjoy my complete sound, not half stereo. I connect my Axe with 2 jacks to the GT1000FX, then I have to go to the Q12...but What i have to choose? Bridged Mode? Parallel ? Or i can only get half stereo sound? Another question: this is a FRFR setup, so can i feed the FOH directly from the Output 2 having exactly the same sound out of my Matrix setup?
Thanks so much
Cello

Last edited:
Hi Cello,
I saw your email and replied to it this morning before I saw your post online. I shall copy the reply here just in case you read the forum before your mail later.
Please let us know if you have any questions.

My best regards
Matt

"...
The Q12 is a single speaker loaded with one driver, you can therefore not get a stereo sound from it.
You will need to connect only one signal output from your axe, with your patches set to sum A&B, to generate a mono signal.

Set the amp to stereo, or parallel ( not bridged ), and plug channel A output to the Q12.

Please use output 2 of your Axe to feed FOH. ( or output 1 if you would prefer to use output 2 to feed the Matrix )

To hear stereo on stage you need two speakers ( one for each output of the stereo GT1000FX amp ).
I hope this helps.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
..."

Hi Cello,

Please use output 2 of your Axe to feed FOH. ( or output 1 if you would prefer to use output 2 to feed the Matrix )

..."

Matt, just clarifying the above statement. If I'm running mono, why do you ask that two channels feed the Matrix / FOH separately? I'm currently using channel 1 to feed both.

Matt, just clarifying the above statement. If I'm running mono, why do you ask that two channels feed the Matrix / FOH separately? I'm currently using channel 1 to feed both.

Can I use the input jack and XLR of the Output 1 at the same time???? It would be great...

Back
Top Bottom