Connection via a Return loop only

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
All,
If somebody can please help...

I connected my AXE FX II Output I L to the return of a Mark V. All settings intact at whatever it was earlier on the AXE Side.

On the Mark V..turned the Hard bypass on and off....no sound out of the mark.

What am I missing??

Thanks

NM

Do you have a volume pedal set up? Sometimes its a quick fix. I used to run a similiar setup to yours by going into the return of my 5150 2x12. The controls on the amp were bypassed and all volume adjustment was on my axe.

No ...no volume pedal setup...I have everything at full volume (Output levels unity, Guitar volume full etc...not one small sound...perplexing. I know I am missing something cos they work perfectly when not connected to each other

Plug in your Output 1 into the FOH directly. Does it work then?
If yes: Hate to say it, but seems to be a problem with your amp
if no: check our I/O settings. Is output set to the jacks instead of USB?

Plug in your Output 1 into the FOH directly. Does it work then?
If yes: Hate to say it, but seems to be a problem with your amp
if no: check our I/O settings. Is output set to the jacks instead of USB?

FOH direct --sorry is that the Guitar input in front of the amp??

Output has to be set correctly cos when I replace the connection to the ones to a reference monitor its working perfectly...

Thanks

Clikc the Utility button. Then Page over to the right until you see the levels for the outputs/inputs. See if it is showing anything coming out of output 1. Could be the way you have you I/O configured too.

I plugged the AXE out I to two yamaha HS80Ms thats my current setup...works just fine. I then removed HS80M speaker cables completely and tested these:

AXE FXII in return loop:
Guitar into Mesa...Then I plug send of Mark V send to AXE input I L like it says in the manual and the AXE Out I L back to the return loop of amp to test if AXE in return loop as effects processor only is working. I changed the preset to remove the cab and amp (bypassed them from a standard preset). I do get sound but none of the effects in the chain appear to work. It says in the manual that some special presets to be made...dont know what else apart from bypassing the cab and amp...

Mesa as Power amp only:
Next I connect the Guitar to AXE FXII front input...then AXE FXII output I L to return loop of amp. No sound.

I have not messed with any other settings. Manual says defaults out the box in this setting should be fine. I tried Output I modes: all three to see if I can get any sound. (Stereo, L+R and L copy R if memory serves me right). No sound.

I am just fiddling with stuff and just wanna see why it isnt working. I am sure the amp is not broken...the amp is less that 1 year old...I used to have a TC Nova system in the effects loop and that worked just fine. I also reset the AXE FXII via Utility menu I think twice...still the exact same issue.

I am fairly sure that its some settings on the AXE but cant tell what...appreciate any help.

Even with the loop set to active on your amp?? I would think that if the first set with your Yamaha speakers is working, this shows the axe is obviously outputting sound. It has to be some setting on your amplifier. I've never really messed with a mark V but I have a Mesa Rectoverb and Orange rockerverb both with loops and have done exactly what you are trying to do...

It should work and it most definitely is probably your amp. Some setting on it. Looking at a photo for your amp

Is the loop assign set to all? I'd say get out your amp manual and read about the loop...

OK...it finally worked...thanks all for the input and helping me where to look. The EQ on the Mark V in the rear panel has a separate switch...when I put to all ON it works perfectly with AXE FX in the return loop or using the MESA as a power amp only..

Thanks...just opened up a new bunch of sounds to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom