Connection question - SPDIF vs XLR

I had a similar question if someone can help me out on SDPIF and how it functions on the FM3, i've never used SDPIF before (so want to make sure it works before I buy cables)

If I use SPDIF from the FM3, can I send sound out of an interface into the FM3 SDPIF to reamp a recorded DI track (already in the DAW)?? I'm concerned because the SDPIF on the FM3 specifically says "Out" rather than having two like the AX8. Does being a toslink enable both input and output?

I tried for hours with windows 10, it doesnt work for me with ASIO4ALL to make the FM3 and Scarlett play together nicely. Only way is swapping back and forth, but right now the FM3 even when plugged into my monitors, wont playback sound (because monitors are not connected to the computer then) - so I'm hoping SDPIF can do the trick while keeping the Scarlett as the driver. I have 0 interest in using the FM3 as the default device, rather send an out from the interface into the FM3 input to reamp if I have to, but SDPIF would be ideal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom