Connection Issues

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
New Axe 2 owner. Now that I've auditioned the thing a bit, I am digging into editing some presets and doing some user cabs and I'm getting pretty frustrated. I do not want to use the front of the unit. I only want to use the software interfaces.

I grabbed Axe Cab Manager and Axe Edit 3.x, latest USB drivers are installed, Windows box. Anyway, the Axe USB connection seems extremely flaky. Worse than my Ultra's connection was via MIDI. This is incredibly frustrating...

I will fire up the Axe, wait for it to boot I will then fire up AE. Half the time AE will take a long time with the busy bar along the bottom and then error out with a connection error. It seems like once it errors out, it will take several shut downs of both AE and then rebooting the Axe to finally get the two to talk. AE always says "Connected" with a check mark in the upper left.

Axe Cab Manager (NOTE I am NOT running AE and ACM at the same time) seems like it is having trouble too. I am trying to get some user IRs loaded in the user slots and doing the drag and drop. I will drop an IR into a user slot and it will hang. Once it refreshed and showed the user slots as missing (i.e. it skipped number in the cab list), etc.

It "feels" like a software/driver problem right now... BUT, I just spent a huge amount of money on this thing and am worried about a hardware fault. So, any help, etc, would be appreciated. This same box ran AE 1.x with an Ultra and experienced only minor errors/time outs for years and I was expecting the USB to major upgrade but it is much worse for me so far.

Any advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom